Voters in Gahanna and the Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools will see numerous candidate options when they go to the polls this fall. Jefferson and Mifflin townships also will elect trustees and decide tax levies for fire and police, respectively.
The filing deadline with the Franklin County Board of Elections was 4 p.m. Aug. 9, and the board is scheduled to certify petitions Aug. 21.
According to unofficial filings from the board of elections, the lists are as follows:
Gahanna City Council
(One available seat in each of the city’s four wards. Only Ward 1 and Ward 4 have challengers).
• Malcolm M. Glascow, 793 Lindenhaven Road, Gahanna (Ward 1)
• Stephanie Kromer, 290 Penny Lane, Gahanna (Ward 1)
• Stephen A. Renner, 740 Quaker Ridge Court, Gahanna (Ward 1, incumbent)
• Michael Schnetzer, 104 Academy Woods Drive, Gahanna (Ward 2, incumbent)
• Brian D. Larick, 774 Hunters Glen Drive, Gahanna (Ward 3, incumbent)
• Jamie Leeseberg, 651 Rose Way, Gahanna (Ward 4, incumbent)
• Paul Winstead, 1138 Riva Ridge Blvd., Gahanna (Ward 4)
Gahanna-Jefferson Board of Education
(four candidates for three open seats)
• Matthew P. Campbell, 366 Imperial Drive, Gahanna (Incumbent)
• Jennifer A. Chrysler, 1370 Harrison Pond Drive, Gahanna (appointed to current seat)
• Bryan K. Hairston, 501 Forestwood Drive, Gahanna
• Jeannie Hoffman, 708 Waybaugh Drive, Gahanna
Jefferson Township trustees
(two candidates for two seats)
• Rich Courter, 1422 N. Reynoldsburg New Albany Road, Blacklick (incumbent)
• Claire Yoder, 3200 Mann Road, Blacklick (incumbent)
Mifflin Township trustees
(three candidates for two seats)
• Kevin J. Cavener, 3657 Olde Ridenour Road, Gahanna
• Joe Spanovich, 760 Taylor Road, Gahanna (Incumbent)
Lynn Stewart, 1304 Retreat Lane, New Albany (Incumbent)
Jefferson Township voters also will decide a 2-mill, five-year replacement levy for fire protection, and Mifflin Township voters will see a 3-mill replacement and 3-mill increase (for a total of 6 mills) for police protection for a continuing period of time.
Precincts seeking changes in liquor licenses include Gahanna 2-D for Sunday sales from 11 a.m. to midnight for wine/mixed and spirituous liquor at Gahanna Lanes, 215 W. Johnstown Road.