Two women told Columbus police they were robbed at 12:15 a.m. Aug. 23 at the corner of City Park and Thurman avenues.
The women said a man approached them, pulled out a black handgun and demanded their purses, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
One victim handed her purse to the suspect, who then snatched the other victim's keys from her hand and ran away.
In other recent incident reports from the area:
* Three motor vehicles recently were stolen in separate incidents.
A $20,000 Volkswagen Golf, manufacturing date unknown, was stolen between 3 p.m. Aug. 19 and 4:50 p.m. Aug. 22 from the 200 block of East Stewart Avenue.
A $9,000 Vespa GTZ ie, manufacturing date unknown, and a $160 motorcycle helmet were stolen between midnight and 7:45 a.m. Aug. 28 from the 900 block of Beech Street.
At 9 a.m. Aug. 29, a $10,000 Kia, manufacturing date unknown, was reported stolen overnight from the 600 block of Lazelle Street.
* Someone broke into a car, but didn't steal anything, between 2 and 3:45 a.m. Aug. 16 in the 800 block of City Park Avenue.
The suspect apparently tried to use a set of keys that had been left in the vehicle to attempt to steal it, but the keys were not the correct ones.
* A $500 computer, $100 laptop bag and paperwork were stolen at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 24 from the 500 block of South Third Street.
* A $45 lawnmower was stolen at noon Aug. 24 in the 200 block of Thurman Avenue.
A contractor who was working on the house told the victim that two suspects, who were hired to cut the grass and returned to allegedly retrieve a gas can, took off with the lawnmower.
The victim chased the suspects, but could not catch them.
* A gun safe was damaged when someone broke into a vehicle between midnight and 7 a.m. Aug. 28 in the 100 block of Reinhard Avenue.
The suspect caused $1,000 damage to the safe and stole $10 worth of change.