A video camera got a good look at a robbery suspect at a fast-food restaurant late last month, and Whitehall police hope someone can identify the man.
At 8:40 p.m. Aug. 29, the man entered Wendy's, 3747 E. Main St., approached the counter and implied he had a gun, according to reports.
He demanded and took money from the register, then ran away, said Whitehall Deputy Chief Dan Kelso.
Police think the man is from Whitehall.
"We believe that he is from this area and there are people who will recognize him," said detective Lee McKittrick.
The suspect is described as a black man, nearly bald but with scruffy facial hair. He had a medium build, about 6 feet tall and appears to be 30 to 40 years old.
Police also consider him a suspect in a robbery Aug. 14 at a nearby Walgreens.
As of Sept. 1, the man had not been identified.
Those who recognize him are asked to call Whitehall police at 614-237-6333.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* A man told police he was robbed at gunpoint at 11:30 p.m. Aug. 29 in the 600 block of South Yearling Road.
The man flagged down police and told the responding officer someone asked to use his cellphone, then pointed a gun at him and took the phone and $150.
The victim described the suspect and police searched the area but did not locate anyone, reports said.
* Police arrested a 26-year-old man Westerville man for discharging a firearm in habitation at 2:55 p.m. Aug. 25 in the parking lot of a business in the 900 block of Elaine Road.
Police responded to a call of a fight in progress. On the scene, a witness told police she saw a man drive erratically toward a car dealership, and then get out and fire "a couple of shots" while yelling what sounded like "shoot you" and "kill you."
The gunman appeared to be shooting at another man at the dealership, according to the witness, who told police the presumed target returned fire but appeared to fire into the air as a means of startling the gunman.
The gunman ran into a nearby alley and was later arrested, reports said.
* Police arrested a 23-year-old man for possession of marijuana and an 18-year-old man for carrying a concealed weapon and receiving stolen property after responding to a report of a fight at 12:30 a.m. Aug. 28 in the 200 block of Barkley Place West, reports said.
* Police arrested a 15-year-old boy for possession of marijuana and receiving stolen property after police found him in a stolen vehicle at 2:30 p.m. Aug. 27 at South Yearling Road and East Mound Street.
* Burglaries were reported at 11:55 a.m. Aug. 24 in the 600 block of Robinwood Avenue; at 9:35 a.m. Aug. 25 in the 900 block of Duke Road; at 12:45 p.m. Aug. 25 in the 900 block of Pierce Avenue; at 4:50 p.m. Aug. 26 in the 200 block of Parklawn Boulevard; and at 5:55 p.m. Aug. 26 in the 300 block of Robinwood Avenue.
* Thefts were reported at 3:45 a.m. Aug. 23 in the 100 block of Beechwood Road; at 9:45 a.m. Aug. 23 in the first block of Beechwood Road; at 12:20 p.m. Aug. 23 in the 900 block of Exeter Road; at 2:45 p.m. Aug. 25 in the 1000 block of Colgate Road; at 11:15 a.m. Aug. 28 in the 400 block of Beechtree Road; and at 10:25 a.m. Aug. 29 in the 500 block of Robinwood Avenue.
* Assaults were reported at 8:15 p.m. Aug. 28 in the 700 block of Elaine Road; and at 3:45 p.m. Aug. 29 in the 800 block of Center Street.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 1:35 p.m. Aug. 23 in the 4000 block of Beechbank Road; at 1:55 p.m. Aug. 27 in the 3600 block of East Main Street; at 3:30 p.m. Aug. 27 in the 4700 block of East Broad Street; at 8:55 a.m. Aug. 29 in the 400 block of South Hamilton Road; and at 12:50 p.m. Aug. 30 in the 200 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Property destruction was reported at 5:45 p.m. Aug. 23 in the 600 block of Greenwood Road; and at noon Aug. 26 at Maplewood and Elbern avenues.
* Police responded to a report of shots fired at 1:45 a.m. Aug. 27 in the 600 block of Erickson Avenue; and at 8:50 p.m. Aug. 27 in the 4900 block of Dimson Drive North.