A $5,000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, manufacturing date unknown, was stolen between 9:30 p.m. Aug. 30 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 31 from the 800 block of Mohawk Street, according to Columbus Division of Police incident.
In other recent incident reports from the German Village area:
* A $170 black leather handbag, old cellphones and personal checks were stolen between 10:30 p.m. Sept. 3 and 9:30 a.m. Sept. 4 from a vehicle the 1100 block of Bruck Street.
* Miscellaneous construction equipment valued at more than $300 was stolen between midnight and 6 a.m. Aug. 31 from a vehicle the 300 block of East Deshler Avenue. Items stolen included an $80 grinder, a $75 jigsaw, $35 toolbelt, $28 hammer, $25 worth of screwdrivers, $12 level, $75 worth of unspecified tools and a $25 tape measure.
* In the 200 block of East Whittier Street, a woman said she awoke to her alarm going off at 5:55 a.m. Aug. 31 and saw two men fleeing her backyard.
She told police her garage door was open and the interior light of her car was on. The suspects jumped the fence while they were fleeing, causing minor damage. Nothing was reported stolen.
* Between 5:15 p.m. Aug 30 and 4:45 a.m. Aug. 31, someone broke the front glass of a residence in the 400 block of East Whittier Street and stole $20 cash.
* A $50 cellphone was stolen at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 1 in the 200 block of East Kossuth Street.
* At midnight Sept. 2, someone stole a $20 pair of sunglasses from a vehicle parked in the 700 block of Mohawk Street.