Dublin police filed a misdemeanor theft warrant Sept. 2 against a 23-year-old Columbus man for allegedly stealing $256.66 in consumable goods from a business in the 7600 block of Sawmill Road.
According to the Dublin police, officers were dispatched at 9:21 p.m. July 31. A Columbus police officer said he saw the man pushing a shopping cart with unbagged groceries down Sawbury Boulevard.
The man admitted to stealing the groceries and the business later provided police with surveillance video that showed the man pushing the cart out of the store without paying.
In other Dublin police reports:
* A Hilliard man told police at 3:25 Sept. 1 someone stole $200 from him in the 6700 block of Perimeter Loop Road.
* An employee of a business in the 6700 block of Perimeter Loop Road reported at 3:20 p.m. Sept. 1 someone stole $99.98 in merchandise.
* A 21-year-old man was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia Sept. 1 in the 5800 block of Avery Road.
* A Troy, Michigan, man told police at 10:50 a.m. Sept. 1 $3,225 worth of property, including clothing and sports equipment, was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked in the 500 block of Metro Place North.
* Police responded to a report of theft in the 400 block of Metro Place South at 10 p.m. Aug. 31 in which $1,200 in cash was stolen.
* A 22-year-old man was cited for marijuana drug abuse Aug. 31 in the 5900 block of Brigids Close Drive.
* A summons was issued for a 59-year-old Dublin man after it was reported at 2:20 p.m. Aug. 30 he visited the Dublin City School District's central office, 7030 Coffman Road, despite being issued a no-trespass letter for all district property in May. According to the report, the district wanted to press charges.
* A 23-year-old man was cited for marijuana drug abuse Aug. 30 in the 5200 block of Rings Road.
* Telecommunications fraud was reported at 12:07 p.m. Aug. 29 in the 200 block of West Bridge Street.
* Police responded to a report of theft at 7:24 a.m. Aug. 29 in the 5600 block of Innovation Drive in which $500 worth of plants were stolen.
* A 24-year-old woman was cited for drug possession Aug. 28 in the 7200 block of Sawmill Road.
* A 21-year-old woman was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia Aug. 28 in the 5300 block of Frantz Road.
* Police responded to a report of a theft from a motor vehicle at 7:40 p.m. Aug. 27 in the 5400 block of Briardale Lane. Tools worth $5,815 were stolen.
* A resident in the 300 block of St. Andrews Drive told police at 10:17 a.m. Aug. 27 someone stole $3 in cash and $900 in property, including jewelry and credit cards, from his vehicle.
* Police responded to a report of a theft from a vehicle at 12:43 a.m. Aug. 27 in a parking lot in the 6700 block of Village Parkway. Stolen items include $795 in cash and $500 worth of property, including firearms, personal papers, credit or debit cards.
* A Dublin man told police at 1:40 p.m. Aug. 26 logging equipment and trailers valued at $2,600 were stolen in the 4400 block of Bellaire Avenue.
* A Dublin man told police at 1:28 p.m. Aug. 26 two checks totaling $1,703.79 were stolen in the 700 block of Shawan Falls Drive.
* A Dublin woman told police at 8:17 a.m. Aug. 26 a $480 check was stolen from her home in the 6700 block of Heatherstone Loop.
* A 28-year-old Columbus man was arrested for OVI and endangering children at 8:45 p.m. Aug. 25 in the 6700 block of Village Parkway after police pulled him over for erratic driving. His vehicle matched the description of one driven by a person who witnesses said hit parked cars with his hands after being kicked out of an establishment in the 6700 block of Village Parkway.
* An Elizabeth, Colorado, woman told police at 7:43 a.m. Aug. 25 someone smashed the left rear window of her vehicle while it was parked in the 5500 block of Tuttle Crossing Boulevard.