A 30-year-old Upper Arlington man was charged with theft after he allegedly took two items from a silent auction at the Upper Arlington Community Foundation Golden Bear Bash on Sept. 3 in the 2100 block of Tremont Road.
According to reports, organizers of the event noticed at 9 p.m. that a gold necklace valued at $350 had been removed from the silent auction without being paid for. At 9:43 p.m., a special duty officer reported seeing the man remove a visor valued at $10 from an auction basket.
When the man was questioned, he was found to be wearing the missing necklace, police reports said.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* An Upper Arlington woman told police two men attempted to use force to steal her jewelry while she was on her front lawn.
According to police reports, the resident was in her front yard in the 2100 block of Ridgeview Road at 5:10 p.m. Aug. 29 when she was approached by two unknown men who demanded she give them rings she was wearing.
The woman told police when she refused, one of the men attempted to grab a necklace she was wearing.
The woman was able to free herself and go inside her house with her jewelry. However, she told police her necklace, the value of which was not provided, was damaged.
The woman said the men left after she went inside her house. The police reports provided no description of the suspects.
* A wallet valued at $100, four credit cards and personal papers were stolen from a vehicle parked outside a residence in the 1800 block of Ashland Avenue between 10 p.m. Sept. 4 and 9 a.m. Sept. 5.
* A soft-top roof valued at $1,000 was cut from a Jeep Wrangler parked outside a residence in the 2000 block of Fairfax Road between 11 p.m. Sept. 3 and 8 a.m. Sept. 4.
* A purse valued at $2,500 and a wallet valued at $800 were stolen from a vehicle parked outside a residence in the 2300 block of Cambridge Boulevard at 3:19 a.m. Sept. 3. Entry was gained by breaking a window to the vehicle, causing $750 in damage, police said. In addition, a wallet valued at $100 was stolen from another vehicle that had been parked unlocked outside the residence.
* A cellphone valued at $150 and an undisclosed number of Adderall pills were stolen from a residence in the 3500 block of Redding Road between 5:30 and 5:40 p.m. Aug. 31.
* Two trailer hitches valued together at $40 were stolen from a garage in the 1500 block of College Hill Drive between 2:30 p.m. Aug. 30 and 9:40 a.m. Sept. 1.
* A man in the 2200 block of Shrewsbury Road reported his home was forcibly entered between 10 p.m. Sept. 1 and 3 a.m. Sept. 2 and $30,000 in cash was stolen. Damage to an exterior door to the residence also was listed at $200.
* A man in the 3600 block of Mountview Road reported someone cut branches from a blue spruce in his yard between 10 p.m. Aug. 23 and 4 p.m. Aug. 24 without his consent.