Delaware police investigators responded to the scenes of two potential cases of arson earlier this month in the city.
Officers arrived about 10 p.m. Sept. 6 at a residence in 100 block of Blue Spruce Court after receiving a report of a fire. A trash container caught fire sometime between 7:30 and 9:30 p.m. outside the residence, according to police reports.
Investigators could not find a cause for the fire and the residents said they could not think of a reason why someone would set their trash container on fire, reports said.
The city's fire and police departments responded to a fire alarm shortly after 9:15 a.m. Sept. 8 in the first block of South Liberty Street. Investigators determined someone put a cardboard box on top of a stove's burner in a dormitory on Ohio Wesleyan University's campus, according to police reports.
Both cases remain under investigation, reports said.
In other recent police reports:
* An employee reported a burglary occurred between noon Sept. 9 and 6 a.m. Sept. 10 at a business in the 600 block of Liberty Road. Someone entered the business through a rear door and stole tools valued at $850, according to reports.
* A woman reported a burglary occurred between 9 and 9:30 p.m. Sept. 5 in the 200 block of Park Avenue.
Someone entered an apartment through an open side window, according to reports.
Nothing was reported stolen from the residence and no suspects have been identified.
* A man reported someone attempted to break into his unoccupied residence between 6 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. Sept. 8 in the first block of Little Street.
* An employee of a business reported someone tampered with a coin-operated machine between noon Sept. 1 and 10 a.m. Sept. 9 at a business in the 400 block of South Sandusky Street. If investigators identify a suspect, he or she could face a charge of safecracking, a fourth-degree felony, according to reports.
* A man reported a theft occurred between 7 a.m. Sept. 2 and 3 p.m. Sept. 6 in the 300 block of Lake Street. Someone stole prescription medicine valued at $50 from the residence, according to reports.
* A man reported a theft from a vehicle occurred between 7 and 10 p.m. Sept. 5 in the 1600 block of U.S. Route 42 South. Someone stole a wallet valued at $15 and $163 in cash from the car.
* An officer discovered substances thought to be crack and powder cocaine after conducting a traffic stop shortly after midnight Aug. 12 in the first block of Stonebrook Drive. The investigation will be reviewed by a Delaware County grand jury to determine if charges will be filed, according to reports.