The New Albany Classic Invitational Grand Prix & Family Day will be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 24, at the New Albany estate of Abigail and Leslie Wexner, 4584 Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road.
The annual fundraiser for the Center for Family Safety and Healing famously includes a world-class equestrian show-jumping competition, but the majestic horses aren’t the only reasons to check out the Classic:
1. The headliner for the 3:30 p.m. Concert at the Classic is Nick Jonas, who rocked the 2007 Classic with his siblings when the Jonas Brothers were rising to fame.
2. Patrons might not get to leap over barriers on horseback but they still can have an adventure on the 150-foot zip line courtesy of Hocking Hills Canopy Tours.
3. For those who want a closer look at some creatures, don’t try to pet the horses who are competing. Instead, head to the petting zoo with llamas, horses and ponies.
4. Ready to welcome autumn with open arms? Embrace the season with a trolley ride through Whitebarn Organics Farm.
5. It’s a while until winter but a synthetic ice rink will give patrons a chance to chill out while skating.
For tickets and information about the Classic, visit thenewalbanyclassic.com.