A "twitchy" suspect who might have been on drugs robbed the GetGo store at 2888 Bethel Road at 9:29 p.m. Sept. 13.
The clerk on duty, who set off a robbery alarm to summon Columbus police, told officers a man who appeared to be 19 or 20 years old wearing a green hoodie, brown baseball cap and black pants entered the store and demanded money from the register.
"The witness also reported the suspect was very 'twitchy,' as if he were on some sort of drug," the officer noted. The robber fled after being given some cash.
In other recent Columbus Division of Police incident reports from northwest Columbus:
* The Drury Inn at 6170 Parkcenter Drive was robbed by an armed gunman at 9:37 p.m. Sept. 10. An undisclosed amount of money was taken from the business and a 24-year-old Hilliard woman.
* A 60-year-old resident of the 7900 block of Boothbay Court contacted police Sept. 14 at 3:36 p.m. regarding a burglary that had taken place earlier. The actual crime, according to the 60-year-old victim, occurred July 1, 2013. For reasons not explained in the police report, the man contacted a burglary detective who offered to send an officer over.
"Scene processing was unavailable due to the offense being committed several years prior," the responding officer noted. The victim said a $500 chain saw was reportedly taken during the burglary.
* A trailer belonging to a nonprofit organization was reported stolen at 11:10 a.m. Sept. 12 from the 2300 block of West Dublin-Granville Road.
According to the person who contacted police, surveillance video captured a black SUV backing up to the $4,900 trailer at 8:13 the previous evening. An individual hooked the trailer to the SUV's hitch and drove off.
* A 38-year-old woman whose family moved from Evans Mills, New York., in March to a home in the 5200 block of Horseshoe Drive said she and her husband discovered two designer handbags missing as they were unpacking boxes in the garage at 8:55 p.m. Sept. 12. The moving van carrying the couple's property left their previous residence March 16, according to the victim. She valued one of the missing purses, a Gucci, at $899 and the other Louis Vuitton bag at $1,065.
* A man summoned police to his residence in the 700 block of Ashler Court at 10:36 a.m. Sept. 11 regarding the theft of his $700 semiautomatic pistol.
The 44-year-old victim, said the weapon was stolen between midnight Sept. 5 and 9 p.m. Sept. 8.