Two men were arrested following a crash at 10 p.m. Sept. 7 in the 3900 block of Andrus Court East.
Whitehall police arrested a 19-year-old Columbus man for receiving stolen property and obstructing official business as well as an 18-year-old Whitehall man for receiving stolen property, obstructing official business, reckless operation of a motor vehicle, failure to control a motor vehicle, leaving the scene of an accident and driving without a license.
Police responded to a report of a traffic crash from a caller who indicated the vehicle might be stolen because its occupants ran from the vehicle after the crash, police said.
A record check indicated the vehicle, a maroon Honda, had been reported stolen from Gahanna.
Witnesses told police two males and a female, sitting in the back seat, fled from the vehicle.
With the assistance of a Columbus police helicopter, police tracked suspects matching the description that witnesses provided.
One of the male suspects was apprehended after hiding under a truck in the 1000 block of Pierce Avenue, police said.
He was returned to the scene and witnesses identified him at the front-seat passenger in the Honda, police said.
At the station, the man told police his friend was driving and that he and his girlfriend came to Whitehall to buy marijuana.
Police arrested the driver of the Honda later the same evening, police said, after he was seen walking north on Bernhard Avenue near Langley Avenue.
The man denied driving and told police his friend -- the one first arrested -- was behind the wheel when the accident occurred.
He later told police a third male was in the car, but other witnesses identified him as the driver, police said.
Police did not immediately identify the female witnesses saw run from the vehicle.
Both males were transported to the Franklin County jail.
In other Whitehall police reports:
* Burglaries were reported at 10:25 p.m. Sept. 7 in the 300 block of Beechtree Road, at 11:50 a.m. Sept. 13 in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive and at 10:35 p.m. Sept. 13 in the 3800 block of East Main Street.
* Thefts were reported at 4:35 p.m. Sept. 7 in the 400 block of South Hamilton Road, at 9:45 p.m. Sept. 7 in the 1000 block of South Hamilton Road, at 8:35 a.m. Sept. 8 in the 5000 block of Dimson Drive North, at 9:30 a.m. Sept. 9 in the 600 block of Robinwood Avenue, at 9:55 a.m. Sept. 9 in the 200 block of North Yearling Road, at 6:15 p.m. Sept. 11 in the 900 block of Duke Road and at 11:05 a.m. Sept. 12 in the 100 block of Beechtree Road.
* Assaults were reported at 1:45 a.m. Sept. 8 in the 800 block of Westphal Avenue and at 12:35 p.m. Sept. 9 in the 4000 block of Beechbank Road.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 8:10 p.m. Sept. 8 in the 600 block of Pierce Avenue, at 12:25 p.m. Sept. 10 in the 700 block of South Yearling Road, and at 1:40 p.m. Sept. 13 in the 3600 block of East Main Street.
* Property destruction was reported at 1 a.m. Sept. 11 in the 200 block of Fairway Boulevard, at 3:25 p.m. Sept. 12 in the 600 block of Pierce Avenue, and at 8:50 a.m. Sept. 14 in the 400 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Police responded to a report of shots fired at 1:20 a.m. Sept. 9 in the 400 block of Shell Court West. No physical evidence or suspects were immediately identified.