Gahanna police received a report about a suspicious man who unsuccessfully tried to use two credit cards to pay for a room at a motel.
A man who tried to check into the motel on Taylor Road was reported as suspicious after a credit card was declined, according to a report received at 8:21 p.m. Sept. 5. After the card was declined, he tried another card with the same number but a different name. That card also was declined, reports stated. The man left the lobby on foot, reports said. Other nearby hotels were checked, according to reports.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* Diapers and other items were reported stolen from a business on North Hamilton Road, according to a report received at 2:39 p.m. Sept. 6.
* A family with two juveniles was reported panhandling near a restaurant on Stoneridge Drive, according to a report received at 4:20 p.m. Sept. 5. They were stepping into the roadway to approach vehicles, reports said.
* Items were reported stolen from a vehicle on Park Court, according to a report received at 11:10 a.m. Sept. 4.
* A Green Meadows Road resident reported someone broke into her apartment between 10 a.m. and 10:55 p.m. Sept. 3. A window had been broken and shoes and sunglasses that weren't hers were in the kitchen, reports said.
* A vehicle was broken into overnight on Morrison Road, according to a report received at 3:57 p.m. Sept. 1.
* Packages were reported stolen from the front porch of a Heil Road residence, according to a report received at noon Sept. 2.
* A front license plate was reported stolen from a vehicle on McCutcheon Road at 4:35 p.m. Aug. 31.
* Items were moved around in an unlocked vehicle on Meadow Green Circle, according to a report received at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 31. Nothing appeared to be missing, reports stated.
* Change and sunglasses were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle on Rocky Fork Boulevard, according to a report received at 10:07 a.m. Aug. 31.