Whitehall police responded to a robbery at 7:35 p.m. Sept. 16 at GameStop, 3733 E. Broad St.
An employee told police a man entered the store and asked to see a video-game console.
After the employee fetched the console and placed it on the counter, the man took it and ran from the store, reports said.
The employee chased the suspect, but the suspect punched the employee, then rode away on a bike, according to reports.
Police have a video recording of the incident from inside the store. Officers sent notice to other retail stores in the event the suspect or another person attempts to return the console for an exchange or refund.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police charged a 14-year-old Whitehall boy with possession of a weapon in a school safety zone, a fifth-degree felony, at 10:35 a.m. Sept. 21 at Whitehall-Yearling High School, 675 S. Yearling Road.
Police reported a student told an officer and a school administrator that the suspect had given him a knife to hold.
The boy told police "he didn't feel right" having it and "did not want to get in trouble."
Police contacted the father of the 14-year-old and both he and his son were cooperative, police said.
The boy said he sometimes carried a knife to protect himself when he experienced trouble at another school district but gave it to a different boy at school because he thought he might be searched, according to reports.
* Burglaries were reported at 11:55 a.m. Sept. 13 in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive; at 5:50 a.m. Sept. 19 in the 4800 block of Langley Avenue; and at 11:05 a.m. Sept. 17 in the 3900 block of Beechcreek Road.
* Thefts were reported at 2:50 p.m. Sept. 13 in the 100 block of Maplewood Avenue; at 7:15 p.m. Sept. 13 in the 4500 block of Norton Lane; at 5:05 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 100 block of Beechbank Road; and at 5:10 p.m. Sept. 18 in the 4200 block of Beechrun Road.
* Assaults were reported at 2:45 p.m. Sept. 14 in the 4800 block of Langley Avenue; at 3:10 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 300 block of Beechmill Court; at 8:55 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 800 block of South Hamilton Road; at 11:25 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 1100 block of South Hamilton Road; and at 11:05 a.m. Sept. 19 in the 3900 block of East Broad Street.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 4:40 and 8:20 a.m. Sept. 18 in the 400 block of South Hamilton Road; at 8:40 a.m. Sept. 18 in the 500 block of Pierce Avenue; and at 8:30 a.m. Sept. 19 in the 400 block of Shell Court West.
* Police arrested a 35-year-old man for receiving stolen property and a 40-year-old man for possession of drug-abuse instruments at 10:30 a.m. Sept. 20 in the 4500 block of East Main Street.
The men were in a car that was reported stolen, police said.