An Upper Arlington man recently told police he got a look at a man suspected of stealing items from his outdoor kitchen and bar, but he couldn't identify the suspect.
Officers responded to the 1300 block of Norwell Drive at 2:57 a.m. Sept. 15 after a man living there said he saw an unknown man enter his backyard and rifle through his outdoor kitchen and bar area.
The suspect, who was described as "a stocky, white male, likely in his late 20s," was wearing a baseball cap pulled down low to cover his face, reports stated. He also was carrying a backpack.
He took five bottles of liquor valued together at $150 from a cabinet underneath the bar. Surveillance video captured images of the man in the act of taking the items, police reports said.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* An MP3 player valued at $200 was stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked outside a residence in the 1300 block of Windham Road between 11 p.m. Sept. 19 and 9 a.m. Sept. 20.
* A backpack valued at $25 and its contents, including $650 in cash, eight Social Security cards, a U.S. passport, five credit cards and an Ohio driver's license, were stolen from a residence in the 2800 block of Downing Way between 4 and 6 p.m. Sept. 20.
* A 26-year-old Columbus man was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after he allegedly was found with 57 grams of marijuana and a marijuana grinder at a gas station in the 3600 block of Riverside Drive at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 20.
* Assorted plants with a total value of $500 were stolen from a yard in the 1400 block of Berkshire Road between 10 a.m. Aug. 18 and 2 p.m. Aug. 25.
* A wallet valued at $250, gift cards valued at $200, a wallet valued at $40 and three credit cards were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 5300 block of Riverside Drive. No date or time was provided for the incident, but the car's owner reported someone broke out a rear passenger-side window to gain entry, causing $100 in damage.
* Headphones valued at $100, a backpack valued at $75 and a gift card valued at $40 were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 5300 block of Riverside Drive. No time or date was provided for the incident, but the owner reported someone entered his vehicle by breaking out a front passenger window, causing $100 in damage.
* A man's bicycle valued at $75 was stolen from a yard in the 2200 block of Edington Road between 6 a.m. and 7:43 p.m. Sept. 17.