Pickerington police charged a 19-year-old man with theft and receiving stolen property after a bicycle was reported stolen from a garage at 10:36 a.m. Oct. 1 in the 600 block of North Starr Drive.
A resident told police a bicycle was stolen from the garage while the door was open. The 19-year-old was arrested and charged with the theft and given a date for a mandatory court appearance.
Reports said the resident declined to file burglary charges against the suspect.
In other recent Pickerington Division of Police incident reports:
* Officers destroyed a deer that had become seriously injured and was suffering after trying to jump a fence at Refugee Road and Kenneth Avenue at 7:16 a.m. Sept. 30. Reports said the animal's carcass later was picked up by an area resident.
* After receiving a report of a strong odor of marijuana near the picnic shelter in Sycamore Park, officers stopped a vehicle on Covered Bridge Lane and found drugs and drug paraphernalia at 6:14 p.m. Sept. 30.
Reports said a 21-year-old woman was issued a citation for drug possession and a 22-year-old man was issued citations for drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* A city employee turned over to police a bookbag he had found at 9:07 a.m. Oct. 1 in the 500 block of Hereford Drive.
The bookbag was placed in the police property room for safekeeping, according to reports.
* An employee of a business in the 1200 block of Hill Road North reported at 2:45 p.m. Oct. 1 someone had stolen cigarettes from the business.
* A resident of the 300 block of Lakes Edge Way reported at 5 p.m. Oct. 1 someone stole four wrought-iron chairs from her deck.
* A resident of Lorraine Boulevard reported at 9:39 a.m. Oct. 2 he was the victim of an internet scam that led to him losing more than $13,000.
* A Timber Ridge Drive resident reported at 3:13 p.m. Oct. 2 the theft of a credit card.
The card later was used to make a purchase at a business in Grove City
* A man told police his vehicle was damaged at 12:01 a.m. Oct. 2 while it was parked in the lot of a business on Hill Road North.
* Officers were called to Pickerington High School Central at noon Oct. 3 on a report of a 16-year-old girl being under the influence of an unknown substance while possessing drug paraphernalia.
Reports said the girl was released into the custody of her parents because they could not determine what type of substance she had taken.
Employees of a business on Hill Road North reported at 12:12 a.m. Oct. 5 someone had stolen two cartons of cigarettes.
* A resident of Lorraine Boulevard told police at 2:32 p.m. Oct. 6 her identity had been stolen and used to file fraudulent income-tax returns.
* Two people told police at 10:08 p.m. Oct. 6 their vehicles were broken into and items stolen.
Reports said the vehicles were parked in the lot of a business on Hill Road North.