A Groveport man told Whitehall police he was robbed at 10:15 p.m. Oct. 10 near East Main Street and South Hamilton Road, but police say it's not clear whether the incident occurred as reported.
The man told police he was walking along South Hamilton Road when a man he knows by a nickname only grabbed him by the shirt and said, "Don't make me shoot you."
The victim told police the suspect pulled him across the street, then took his cellphone, a pocketknife and a wallet with his Ohio identification card.
The suspect then led the victim to the nearby Great Eastern Shopping Center, where a man and woman were waiting, reports said.
The victim told police the man asked if he had any other property, threatened to shoot him, then let him go.
According to reports, police officers said they had encountered two suspicious people matching the descriptions of the two men provided by the victim.
The victim also identified the suspect who robbed him after being shown photos at the police station, reports said.
Later the same evening, police found a man matching the description of that suspect.
He was arrested on an outstanding warrant, but police did not find any of the victim's stolen property, according to reports.
The man who was arrested told police he confronted the victim about a wallet the victim allegedly took from another person about a week ago, and added he believes the victim fabricated the account of the robbery.
Police found a text message between the victim and the suspect regarding the missing wallet, as the suspect described, according to reports.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Burglaries were reported at 3 p.m. Oct. 12 in the first block of Erickson Avenue; at 3:15 p.m. Oct. 13 in the 4200 block of East Mound Street; at 7:55 a.m. Oct. 15 in the 3900 block of East Main Street; at 9:35 p.m. Oct. 15 in the 100 block of Beechtree Road; and at 12:20 p.m. Oct. 18 in the 400 block of Erickson Avenue.
* Thefts were reported at 1:45 p.m. Oct. 12 in the 4000 block of Doney Street; at 6:50 p.m. Oct. 12 in the 500 block of Elaine Road; at 1:05 p.m. Oct. 15 in the 1000 block of Pierce Avenue; and at 11:15 a.m. Oct. 16 in the 4400 block of East Main Street.
* Police arrested a 34-year-old man for assault at 6:55 p.m. Oct. 13 in the 3600 block of East Main Street.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 7:45 a.m. Oct. 13 in the 100 block of North Hamilton Road; and at 5:20 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 400 block of Beechwood Road.
* Property destruction was reported at 3:35 p.m. Oct. 12 and at 10:40 a.m. Oct. 13 in the 4400 block of Langley Avenue; at 3 a.m. Oct. 13 in the 4400 block of Saint Ann Lane; at 10:05 a.m. Oct. 17 in the 4600 block of Faith Avenue; and at 10:10 a.m. Oct. 17 in the 4200 block of Medway Avenue.
* Police responded to reports of shots fired at 4:15 a.m. Oct. 15 on Irongate Lane; and at 11 p.m. Oct. 18 in the 1000 block of Country Club Road.