A 48 year-old Canal Winchester man was arrested on charges of receiving stolen property and possession of drug abuse instruments Oct. 7 after he was stopped by Pickerington police while driving a car that had been reported stolen from a Columbus location.
According to Pickerington Division of Police incident reports the man was stopped by officers at 9:49 p.m. on Hill Road North.
The man was taken to the Fairfield County jail to await arraignment on the charges.
In other recent Pickerington police incident reports:
* A 24-year-old Pickerington man was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct-intoxication at 12:40 a.m. Oct. 7 on Haddington Place.
Reports said the man was taken to the Fairfield County jail.
* A 38-year-old Columbus woman was arrested on an assault charge at 4:04 a.m. Oct. 8 in the 1000 block of Hill Road North.
Reports said the woman was involved in a physical altercation with a co-worker at a business.
* A Hill Road resident went to the Pickerington Police station at 9:21 p.m. Oct. 9 to report a theft from his vehicle.
Reports did not indicate what was stolen, but said there were no signs of a forced entry into the vehicle.
* Theft charges are pending against three Canal Winchester juveniles after they were caught shoplifting from a retail store on Postage Drive at 1:48 p.m. Oct. 10 .
Reports said all three youths were released from custody at the scene.
* Charges are pending against a 14-year-old Pickerington boy who was caught shoplifting at 4:40 p.m. Oct. 11 at a business on Postage Drive. Reports said the boy was later released into the custody of his parents.
* A resident of Herrogate Square went to the police station at 4:04 p.m. Oct. 12 to report fraudulent charges on his debit card.
The victim told police he had his card in his possession and he doesn't know how someone was able to procure his information.
* A 22-year-old Columbus woman was issued a citation for theft at 6 a.m. Oct. 13 after she was caught stealing from her employer at a business on Hill Road North.
Reports said the woman was later extradited by officers from the Whitehall Police Department because she was wanted on an outstanding warrant filed in that city.
* A 43-year-old Pickerington man was charged with theft at 5:18 p.m. Oct. 13 after he was caught shoplifting from a retail store on Postage Drive. Reports said the man was later released.