Delaware police investigators are attempting to determine how a bullet ended up breaking through a window at a residence on the city's east side.
Officers responded shortly after 10:30 a.m. Oct. 13 to a residence in the 500 block of Bowtown Road after a woman reported she believed a bullet struck her house, according to police reports. Police Capt. Adam Moore said via email investigators "observed damage to the home consistent with a bullet traveling through the window."
Investigators collected evidence from the scene and are attempting to determine where the projectile originated, reports said.
Moore said no one was injured in the incident and investigators do not think the residence was targeted.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* A man reported a burglary occurred between 4 p.m. Oct. 10 and noon Oct. 12 at a residence in the 100 block of West Winter Street. Someone entered an apartment through the front door and stole a wallet valued at $30; multiple gift cards, together worth $60; and $625 in cash, according to police reports.
* Officers responded to a report of breaking and entering about 3 p.m. Oct. 16 in the first block of Village Gate Boulevard. Someone broke into an apartment through a rear window between midnight Oct. 11 and 2:15 p.m. Oct. 16, reports said.
* Someone stole a wedding ring valued at $800 between 4 p.m. Oct. 10 and 12:45 p.m. Oct. 11 from a resident of the 2200 block of Warrensburg Road, the victim's relatives reported. No suspects have been identified, according to reports.
* A man reported a theft of drugs occurred between midnight Oct. 1 and noon Oct. 13 in the first block of Waters Edge Circle. Someone stole prescription medication from the residence, according to police reports.
* Officers responded to a report of trespassing shortly after 3:15 p.m. Oct. 14 at Dempsey Middle School, 599 Pennsylvania Ave.
Officers arrested a 40-year-old homeless man on a charge of criminal trespassing, a fourth-degree misdemeanor, according to police reports.