A 53-year-old Dublin man was arrested for assault and unlawful restraint after allegedly assaulting and detaining a teenager who was playing a prank on him.
Dublin police officers were called at 9:11 p.m. Oct. 22 to an incident in the 8300 block of Somerset Way and when officers arrived they found the man holding a teenager down with his right arm.
The man said he thought someone was going to break into his home after a group of kids rang his doorbell and he threatened to shoot the teenager, even though he actually didn't have a gun.
The teenager told police the man tackled him and dragged him to the front step of a home and held him for about 10 minutes.
He told police the man punched him on his chest.
The teenager's parents told police they wanted to pursue charges against the man.
In other recent Dublin police department incident reports:
* A 26-year-old Columbus woman was arrested Oct. 25 after admitting to the Oct. 21 theft of a credit card in the 4500 block of West Dublin-Granville Road.
* Police at 7:12 a.m. Oct. 26 responded to a report of a theft from a motor vehicle in the 4600 block of Bridle Path Lane in which $810 in property including $10 in cash and weapons were stolen.
Officers in the same area also addressed a recovered stolen vehicle and vehicle theft.
* Police at 2:25 p.m. Oct. 25 responded to a report of criminal damaging and theft from a vehicle in the 6600 block of Longshore Street in which $400 in damages were reported and property worth $5,330 was stolen.
* A resident in the 9100 block of Terrazza North Court at 11:04 a.m. Oct. 25 reported telecommunications harassment.
* A theft from a vehicle was reported at 11:18 p.m. Oct. 24 in the 7500 block of Sawmill Road. Property stolen included $800 of computer hardware.
* A woman told police at 1:25 p.m. Oct. 24 someone stole her vehicle license plate in the 5700 block of McNeven Court.
* A 19-year-old man was cited for marijuana drug abuse Oct. 23 in the 6200 block of Cosgray Road.
* A 57-year-old man was cited for drug possession Oct. 23 in the 7200 block of Sawmill Road.
* Police investigated a dog bite report at 12:30 a.m. Oct. 22 in the 7000 block of Wendy Trail Lane.
On the same day police responded to a report of a dog at large in the 5100 block of Red Oak Lane.
* An 18-year-old man was cited for improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle Oct. 22 in the 6600 block of Division Street.
* A 24-year-old man was cited for marijuana drug abuse Oct. 22 at Muirfield Drive and Brand Road.
* A 40-year-old man was cited for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Oct. 22 on Interstate 270 West and Sawmill Road.
* Police contacted four juveniles after curfew at 12:55 a.m. Oct. 21 in the 4000 block of Wyandotte Woods Boulevard.
* Police responded to a report of a stolen vehicle Oct. 21 in the 5100 block of Post Road.
* A 34-year-old woman was cited for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Oct. 21 in the 7700 block of Sawmill Road.
* Officers investigated a curfew offense at 1:20 a.m. Oct. 20 in the 7000 block of Shier-Rings Road.
* Identity theft was reported Oct. 20 in the 7600 block of Cashel Court.
* A 45-year-old man was cited for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol Oct. 20 in the 7500 block of Muirfield Drive.
* A Dublin woman at 6 p.m. Oct. 20 told police someone stole $251 in property from her purse, including credit and debit cards, jewelry, personal documents, a wallet and $80 in cash. The theft occurred in the 200 block of West Bridge Street.