Grandview Heights community leader William T. Eaton and his wife, Emma, are pictured in 1916 in the front yard of their new home at 1413 Wyandotte Road, at the corner of Third Avenue.
Their son, Ted, was a well-known Grandview High School student personality, active in the Brotherhood of Rooks, and later a prominent insurance man.
In 1919, the Community Church in Grandview -- later First Community Church -- started a local newspaper called the Community News, and Eaton became its first editor.
After it was taken over by Curtis F. "Squire" Ricketts, it was renamed the Tri-Village News. In the background of the photo is the home of William Carlon at 1392 Wyandotte. The curve in the street at Third and Wyandotte is apparent over Emma Eaton's shoulder.