A man found sleeping outside an Upper Arlington house was arrested on an outstanding warrant after he allegedly refused to leave the front porch.
A resident in the 1800 block of West Lane Road called Upper Arlington police at 6:30 a.m. Nov. 2 to report that a friend of her son's was sleeping on her front porch. She said she asked him to leave, but he refused and went back to sleep.
When police arrived, they took the 24-year-old Columbus man into custody, but not because he refused to leave the woman's property. Although he was issued a no-trespass order, the man was arrested after police found an outstanding warrant had been issued for him in Columbus for failing to appear in court on a separate criminal trespassing charge.
He was taken to the Franklin County jail.
In other Upper Arlington Police Division reports:
* Tools valued together at $550 were reported stolen from a shed in the 2800 block of Dorchester Road between 12:05 and 6 a.m. Nov. 1.
* A man in the 1500 block of College Hill Drive reported a laptop computer valued at $1,200 was stolen from his unlocked vehicle between 5 p.m. Oct. 30 and 8 a.m. Oct. 31.
* A Marysville man was charged with OVI, operating a motor vehicle without a license, driving under suspension, a marked lanes violation, underage possession of alcohol and possession of drugs following a traffic stop on West Lane Avenue. Officers said the man showed signs of impairment and was found in possession of two Alprazolam pills. The time and date of the incident were not provided, but the man was taken to the Franklin County jail.
* An Upper Arlington woman reported she was attacked by a neighbor's dog in the 1300 block of London Drive between 8 and 8:02 p.m. Oct. 30.
* An Upper Arlington man was charged with criminal damaging after he allegedly damaged a computer valued at $60 and camera equipment valued at $150 at a residence in the 2200 block of Dorset Road between 8 and 8:15 p.m. Oct. 30.
* A circular saw valued at $220, a cordless drill valued at $160, a keyless entry remote valued at $150, miscellaneous tools valued together at $100 and two drill bit sets valued together at $30 were reported stolen from a garage in the 2500 block of Onandaga Drive between Oct. 22 and Oct. 29.
* A purse valued at $20 and $3 in cash were stolen from a vehicle parked outside a residence in the 1700 block of Waltham Road between 5 p.m. Oct. 28 and 9:30 a.m. Oct. 29.
* A pill bottle containing 7 Lorazapam pills valued at $25 and $2 in cash were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked outside a residence in the 1700 block of Waltham Road between 11:30 p.m. Oct. 28 and 7 a.m. Oct. 29.
* A generator valued at $500 and a leaf blower valued at $500 were stolen from a garage in the 2000 block of Devon Road North between 11 p.m. Oct. 27 and 11 a.m. Oct. 28.
* A juvenile boy, age not provided, was charged with possession of drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia after he allegedly was found with 3.3 grams of psilocybin mushrooms and undisclosed drug paraphernalia at Upper Arlington High School, 1650 Ridgeview Road, between noon and 12:32 p.m. Oct. 27.