Delaware police responded to two separate incidents involving alcohol and firearms in late October.
Police Capt. Adam Moore said an officer was responding to an unrelated call when he heard gunfire shortly after 11:45 p.m. Oct. 26 in the first block of South Sandusky Street. He said officers converged on the area and found an intoxicated man with a firearm standing outside a vehicle.
Moore said the man had left a downtown business to rest in a friend's vehicle. He said the man discovered a firearm in the vehicle, exited and discharged it.
Officers arrested the 22-year-old Marion man on a charge of using weapons while intoxicated, a first-degree misdemeanor, according to police reports.
Moore said no one was injured in the incident and investigators do not know where the bullet stopped.
"We have not received any reports of anything being struck," he said.
Officers responded to an unrelated report of a shooting shortly before 4:45 a.m. Oct. 28 in the 300 block of Orchard Canyon.
A man told officers he had an altercation with four people at a bar, according to police reports. He told police they followed him home and he shot two rounds from a shotgun into their vehicle.
Moore said no one else reported hearing the shots nor did anyone report their vehicle being shot.
"We don't have any evidence to substantiate a shooting took place," he said.
Moore said alcohol played a role in the incident, which remains under investigation.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* Officers responded to a report of a burglary in progress about 1:30 p.m. Nov. 6 in the first block of Ohio Street.
A witness reported a masked man dressed in a black shirt, black pants and black gloves entered a residence and stole a purse valued at $70, a cellphone worth $200, prescription medication valued at $50 and $770 in cash.
* Officers responded to a report of theft shortly before noon Nov. 4 at a business in the 900 block of Sunbury Road. Someone stole clothing valued at $1,280 from the business, according to reports.
Officers arrested a 36-year-old homeless man on charges of theft, a fifth-degree felony, and obstructing official business, a second-degree misdemeanor, shortly after the incident in the parking lot of the business, reports said.
* Officers responded to a report of a theft in progress shortly before 12:15 a.m. Oct. 31 at a business in the 100 block of West William Street. Someone stole lip balm valued at $2 from the business, according to police reports.
A 28-year-old Delaware man was arrested on a charge of theft, a first-degree misdemeanor, shortly after the incident at the intersection of Liberty and Winter streets, reports said.
* Officers responded to a report of a theft from a vehicle shortly after 3:45 p.m. Oct. 29 in the 600 block of Pebble Place. Someone reportedly stole $60 and 48 prescription pills from the vehicle.
* A woman reported a theft from a vehicle occurred between 8 p.m. Oct. 31 and 6:15 a.m. Nov. 1 in the first block of Tabilore Loop. Someone stole clothes valued at $100 and a DVD player worth $200 from the car, according to police reports.
* A man reported a theft from a vehicle occurred between 5:30 and 6:15 p.m. Oct. 27 in the 1700 block of Columbus Pike. Someone stole a tablet computer valued at $375 from the car, reports said.
* A woman reported a theft from a vehicle occurred between 8 p.m. Nov. 4 and 7 a.m. Nov. 5 in the first block of Mason Court. Someone stole a purse valued at $10 that contained $10 cash and a credit card, according to reports.