Between 5:30 and 7:05 p.m. Nov. 13, thieves ransacked and damaged three vehicles parked at East Livingston Avenue and South Fifth Street, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
One car's front left window was broken, causing $1,200 in damage, and a $1,600 computer and $120 work pager were stolen.
In another incident, the front right window was broken, causing $1,000 damage, while a $150 cash, a $200 purse, and ID and credit cards were stolen.
In a third incident in the area, a $1,000 computer, $60 backpack and $120 pair of glasses were stolen and the car's rear window was broken, causing $1,000 damage.
In other recent incident reports from the area:
* A $300 TV was stolen between 7 p.m. Nov. 8 and 8:40 a.m. Nov. 9 from a business in the 700 block of South High Street. The suspect broke a window to gain entry to the property.
* A $500 phone and $300 coat were stolen at 2:30 a.m. Nov. 11 at a business in the 500 block of South High Street.
The report states that the victim's Chevy Malibu, value and manufacturing date unknown, also was stolen during the theft, but didn't indicate how that occurred.
* Several items were stolen during a burglary between 9:15 and 9:30 p.m. Nov. 13 in the 200 block of Thurman Avenue.
The victim told police the suspect gained entry into his house through an unlocked rear door and stole a backpack and other items.
He told police he was in the living room downstairs with the doors closed when he heard someone in the house, but thought it was his roommate.
Items stolen were a $60 backpack, $1,200 computer, $20 wallet, $80 computer, $12 planner, ID, credit cards, $15 earphones and $4 worth of smokeless tobacco.
* At least four cars reportedly were damaged by a sharp metal object recently in the German Village area, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
One incident occurred between 9:15 and 11 p.m. Nov. 4 in the 300 block of East Beck Street.
Another happened between 10 p.m. Nov. 4 and 9 a.m. Nov. 5 in the 600 block of South Grant Avenue.
Police reported a similar crime occurred between 11:45 p.m. Nov. 5 and 9:03 p.m. Nov. 7 at the intersection of Lathrop and Briggs streets.
The victim told police it appeared a car parked in front of his had similar damage.
Between 1 and 6:57 a.m. Nov. 5, another incident occurred in the 200 block of Stewart Avenue. The victim told police several vehicles in the area have been damaged in the same manner.
In all cases, the estimated amount of the damage caused by the vandalism was not available.
* An Infiniti Q50, manufacturing date unknown, was stolen between 7 and 8 p.m. Nov. 2 at the intersection of South Third Street and Reinhard Avenue.
The value of the vehicle was not available. It contained some personal merchandise, such as checks, credit cards and ID.
* A $20 wallet containing $40 cash and identification were stolen between 10 p.m. Nov. 3 and 7 a.m. Nov. 4 from a vehicle in the 400 block of Reinhard Avenue.
The items were later found, although reports did not say where.
* An attempted burglary was reported at 6:45 a.m. Nov. 9 in the 400 block of Siebert Street.