Delaware police officers arrested a Marion County man earlier this month after a woman reported he committed a lewd act in the parking lot of a Delaware business.
Officers responded about 9 a.m. Dec. 4 to a parking lot in the 1300 block of Sunbury Road to a report of public indecency. A woman told officers she was walking by a car in the lot when she observed a man masturbating in the vehicle, according to police reports.
While officers were discussing the incident with the witness, they observed the vehicle she described leaving the lot, reports said.
Officers stopped the vehicle and arrested a 21-year-old Waldo man, who faces a charge of public indecency, a third-degree misdemeanor, in relation to the incident, according to reports.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* A man reported a burglary took place between noon Nov. 23 and 3 p.m. Nov. 28 in the 100 block of East Winter Street. Someone entered an unoccupied apartment and stole a television valued at $100 and a video-game console worth $100, reports said.
* A man reported breaking and entering occurred between 2:30 p.m. Nov. 15 and 6:30 p.m. Nov. 28 in the 100 block of South Washington Street. Someone entered a building and stole tools valued at $800, according to police reports.
* A man reported a burglary occurred between 6:45 and 9 a.m. Nov. 28 in the 100 block of West Winter Street. Someone entered an apartment through an unlocked window and stole $47 cash, reports said.
* A woman reported someone committed multiple thefts between May 1 and Nov. 23 in the 700 block of Woodford Way. Someone reportedly stole Christmas ornaments valued at $170, jewelry worth $20, food and prescription medication from the residence over a period of months.
* Officers responded about 8 p.m. Nov. 29 to a report of possible arson at Schultz Elementary School, 499 Applegate Lane. The Delaware Fire Department extinguished a fire inside a trash container at the site, according to police reports.
No suspects have been identified in relation to the incident, reports said.
* An employee of a business in the 300 block of London Road reported a customer paid with a counterfeit $20 bill between 5 and 5:15 p.m. Dec. 2. No suspects have been identified in the incident, according to reports.