According to Pickerington Division of Police incident reports, vandalism charges are pending against five juveniles accused of slashing inflatable holiday decorations at a number of locations in several neighborhoods Dec. 3.
Pickerington police and Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office reports about the vandalism were sent to the Fairfield County Juvenile Prosecutor’s Office along with a request that charges be filed against the youths.
The juveniles were apprehended and later released into the custody of their parents, according to reports.
In other recent incident reports:
• Someone broke a window in a vehicle and stole a watch and prescription medicine at 3:30 a.m. Dec. 2 on Pickerington Hills Drive.
• Charges are pending after officers were called to a tavern on Stonecreek Drive at 12:01 a.m. Dec. 3 on a report of multiple patrons fighting inside the establishment.
Violet Township Fire Department paramedics were called to the scene to treat people who had been injured. None of the combatants was taken to a medical facility, according to reports.
• A vehicle’s tires were slashed and items stolen from inside the vehicle on Drexel Place.
The incident was reported at 10:16 a.m. Dec. 3.
• The rear window of a vehicle parked on Cool Spring Court was broken at 9:30 p.m. Dec. 3.
Nothing was believed to have been stolen from the vehicle.
• A 35-year-old man was issued a citation for disturbing the peace after an altercation at a restaurant on Hill Road North at 6:22 p.m. Dec. 3.
The victim who had been assaulted declined to seek charges against the man, but officers issued the man the citation for disturbing the peace.
He also was issued a “no trespass” order for the restaurant.
• A clerk at a business on Refugee Road reported at 7:12 p.m. Dec. 3 someone stole lighters.
Reports said the clerk was able to provide officers a description of both the suspect and the vehicle in which he fled.
• Smoke dampers, valued at a little less than $10,000, were reported stolen from a construction site on Windmiller Drive.
The incident, which occurred in May, was not reported until 5:12 p.m. Dec. 4. The report was needed for insurance purposes.
• Two 20-year-old women and a 16-year-old girl were charged with theft after they were apprehended for stealing merchandise from a business on Postage Drive at 10:50 p.m. Dec. 4.
• A 28-year-old Wadsworth man was issued a “no trespass” order after he was caught shoplifting at 7:03 p.m. Dec. 7 at a business on Postage Drive.
• A 20-year-old Columbus woman was arrested for petty theft and obstructing official business at 10 p.m. Dec. 7 after being apprehended for shoplifting and giving officers false identification information.
The incident occurred on Postage Circle. Reports said the woman was taken to the Fairfield County Jail to await arraignment.
• Representatives of a medical office on Blacklick-Eastern Road reported at 5 p.m. Dec. 8 cash was stolen from a cash drawer overnight after a door was left unsecured.
• Pickerington police officers aided a Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office deputy who was having trouble trying to restore order after a fight at a Pickerington High School Central basketball game at 9:56 p.m. Dec. 8.
Reports said a 15-year-old Pickerington boy is facing charges of disorderly conduct, obstruction of official business and resisting arrest after trying to elude law-enforcement officials on foot.
The boy was apprehended and later released into the custody of a family member.
The incident report was forwarded to the Fairfield County Juvenile Prosecutor’s office for review of the charges.