Grove City police responded at 2:43 p.m. Dec. 15 to a store in the 3600 block of Broadway on a report of a man who had used a stolen credit card to purchase an item valued at $118.

The store manager said the man made the purchase earlier that afternoon and was back in the store trying to make an exchange, according to the report. She said shortly after the man made the purchase and initially left the store, a woman from New Jersey called to report she had been notified that her stolen credit card had been used to make a purchase at the Grove City store. The woman gave the store her credit-card number, which matched with the card the man had used, reports stated.

The suspect told police a friend had given him the credit card and he did not know it was stolen, according to the report. When they searched the man, officers found six other credit cards in his pocket and wallet. The woman reported at least two other purchases were made in the Grove City area with her card.

Police arrested the man and charged him with a felony count of receiving stolen property. He was taken to the Franklin County jail.

In other recent Grove City police reports:

* A resident in the 3700 block of Kersdale Place told police her house was burglarized while she and her family were away between 8 a.m. Dec. 19 and 8:38 a.m. Dec. 20. The woman said she returned to the house to find glass in the back door had been broken out. Several Christmas presents, mostly clothing, along with a laptop computer and jewelry were taken from inside the house, according to the report. The items were valued at a total of $1,729, reports stated. The victim said she also learned from the post office that 21 packages had been delivered before 6 p.m. Dec. 19 and left on her porch. None of the packages, which contained merchandise valued at a total of $700, were on the porch when she checked the house, according to the report.

* An employee at a store in the 1700 block of Stringtown Road reported a man entered at 7:20 p.m. Dec. 15, grabbed a cellphone from a display, ripping off the security device attached to it, then ran out the door. The phone was valued at $1,000, reports stated.