Twin Rivers Golf Course, originally called Municipal Golf Course, was an 18-hole course on the southeast side of Grandview that opened March 7, 1921.
It was bounded by Twin Rivers Drive on the east, Dublin Road to the south and the railroad tracks to the north (to the right of the photo).
The clubhouse (top inset) was located at 860 Dublin Road, just to the left of the lake in the photo.
This Grandview landmark was eliminated by freeway construction in 1956. Joe Thomas (bottom inset) was a local golf legend and pro at Twin Rivers.
He started as a caddy at Arlington Country Club, and at 17 was the first to hold a caddy pin at the Scioto Country Club when it was dedicated in 1916.
When the Twin Rivers course closed, he was asked by then-Columbus Mayor James A. Rhodes to find a venue for another municipal course, and Thomas founded Raymond Memorial Golf Course on Trabue Road. He served as pro there until his retirement in 1968.