A man attempting to steal Lego box sets was charged with robbery after Dublin police found he was carrying a box cutter and a knife.
The 33-year-old Columbus man was arrested for stealing LEGO Star Wars toys, worth $159.98, at 2:38 p.m. Dec. 23 at a business in the 7600 block of Sawmill Road.
An employee told police he saw the man on surveillance video take the items, and then the man pushed past the employee when he tried to stop him from leaving the store. According to Dublin Police Department incident reports, the man was wanted on a warrant filed in Franklin County for a charge of endangering children.
As officers were preparing the man for arrest, they found he had a box cutter in his pocket and a fixed-blade knife in a sheath around his neck.
In other recent Dublin police incident reports:
* Property valued at $1,194.44, including weapons, firearms, firearm accessories and law enforcement equipment, were reported stolen at 12:02 p.m. Dec. 28 from a vehicle in the 300 block of Clover Lane.
* Household items valued at $1,075 were stolen after a burglary reported at 7:25 a.m. Dec. 28 in the 4200 block of John Shields Parkway.
* A 37-year-old woman was cited for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Dec. 28 at Innovation Court.
* A total of $15,677.70 in property, including jewelry, personal bags, clothing, household items, office equipment and electronics, was reported stolen at 4:34 p.m. Dec. 27 from a residence in the 6500 block of Dalmore Lane.
* A 28-year-old man was cited for possessing drug abuse instruments Dec. 27 in the 7400 block of Hospital Drive.
* Medication valued at $1 was reported stolen at 12:24 p.m. Dec. 26 from a business in the 6300 block of Frantz Road.
* Property, including audio-visual recordings and clothing valued at $295, was reported stolen at 3:45 a.m. Dec. 24 from a vehicle in the 5300 block of Roscommon Road.
* A 33-year-old man was charged with theft from a motor vehicle Dec. 24 in the 7000 block of Tralee Drive.
* Clothing valued at $1 was reported stolen during a robbery at 5:40 p.m. Dec. 23 in the 6200 block of Sawmill Road.
* A 33-year-old woman was charged with petty theft for stealing $243.95 in merchandise at 3:14 p.m. Dec. 23 from a business in the 6500 block of Sawmill Road.
* A 44-year-old man was arrested for having $100 in stolen property, including an Ohio license plate and a validation sticker in his possesssion, at 12:32 p.m. Dec. 23 in the 5000 block of Post Road.
* Documents and credit cards valued at $12 were stolen at 1:56 p..m. Dec. 22 from a motor vehicle in the 3800 block of Hard Road.
* A 29-year-old woman was cited for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Dec. 22 at Sawmill Road and Interstate 270.
* A 27-year-old woman was arrested for theft Dec. 22 in the 7100 block of Hospital Drive.