A Columbus man who disturbed customers and staff by allegedly frolicking at a local fast-food restaurant ended up in jail for refusing to cooperate with police.
Upper Arlington police were called to a restaurant in the 1900 block of West Henderson Road at 8 p.m. Dec. 27 on a report that a man wearing a trench coat was dancing in the store and rolling around on the floor. The employee who made the call stated the man appeared to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and that he was causing a disturbance and refusing to leave.
Officers said they found the man smiling and rocking back and forth in a seat, giggling.
As an officer approached, the man tried to flee. The officer grabbed him, but the man refused to answer questions about whether he needed medical attention or to provide his name.
He then was placed under arrest and taken to Upper Arlington Police Division headquarters, where he continued to refuse to provide any identification information.
Officers fingerprinted the man and identified him through a Columbus Division of Police database as a 24-year-old Columbus resident.
After the man failed to post bond, he was transported to Franklin County jail.
In other Upper Arlington police reports:
* Police and fire personnel responded to the 3100 block of Carisbrook Road at 8 p.m. Dec. 31 on a report of an unconscious person. Upon arrival, a 35-year-old Upper Arlington man was found and transported to a nearby hospital. No other details were provided.
* A cellular telephone valued at $400 was stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked outside a residence in the 2200 block of Shrewsbury Road between 10:15 p.m. Dec. 30 and noon Dec. 31.
* A laptop computer valued at $2,500, household items valued at $1,200 and two watches valued together at $290 were stolen from a vehicle parked outside a residence in the 3100 block of Ainwick Road between 8 p.m. Dec. 30 and 12:05 p.m. Dec. 31.
* A man in the 2500 block of Onandaga Drive reported witnessing an person steal a package from his neighbor's front porch at 10 a.m. Dec. 29.
* A woman in the 3600 block of Pevensey Drive reported a woman she knows forged one of her personal checks in the amount of $2,400 between Aug. 1 and Dec. 19.
* A juvenile girl, no age provided, was charged with underage possession of alcohol at 11 p.m. Dec. 23 after she allegedly returned to her residence in the 2000 block of Kenswick Drive under the influence of alcohol and marijuana. According to police reports, she was transported to a nearby hospital after she gradually became more unresponsive and vomited in a trash can.
* A man's bicycle valued at $150 was reported stolen from outside a residence in the 1800 block of North Star Road between Dec. 19 and Dec. 23.
* An employee at an apartment complex in the 5300 block of Riverside Drive reported two unknown people entered the complex between 4 and 4:25 p.m. Dec. 23 and stole an unknown number of packages from throughout the building.
* A man in the 2300 block of Farleigh Road reported someone stole both license plates from his vehicle between 7 a.m. Dec. 22 and 8:34 a.m. Dec. 23. He said the vehicle had been parked in downtown Columbus the previous day and he did not know when the theft occurred.