A woman told Columbus police she was punched in the face and robbed between 2:10 and 2:20 a.m. Jan. 24 in the 2800 block of North High Street.
The victim said someone she did not know approached her, struck her and took her $600 cellphone, a $20 case and $14 in cash.
The suspect then reportedly used his open hand to push her in the face, causing her to fall against her vehicle. The suspect fled the scene in a car, reports said.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* Anthony-Thomas Candy Shoppe, 5040 N. High St., reportedly was robbed at 2:12 p.m. Jan. 22.
The suspect took $50 from a cash register while the drawer was open and also stole gummy bears worth $3, police reports said.
* A $6,500 car was reported stolen from the 500 block of East Jeffrey Place between 11 p.m. Jan. 21 and 8 a.m. Jan. 22.
* A man told police his $5,000 vehicle was stolen from the driveway of his residence in the 500 block of East North Broadway between 12:30 and 5:29 a.m. Jan. 23.
* A man said his wallet containing $15 in cash and his driver's license was stolen from him by force at 2 a.m. Jan. 23 in the 2800 block of Neil Avenue.
* A 28-year-old man said he was "pushed in the face" while driving at 10:50 a.m. Jan. 23 at the intersection of North High Street and Morse Road. The victim told police his head was pushed into the vehicle's window by a passenger before he was able to pull to the side of the road.
The man told officers he wished to press charges against the suspect, who reportedly left the scene before police arrived.
* No sign of forced entry was obvious when an officer was summoned to the 200 block of West Pacemont Road at 8:05 p.m. Jan. 22 to investigate a burglary.
The victim said power tools worth $180 were taken during the break-in, which occurred after 7 a.m. that day.
Another break-in a few doors away was reported at 7:37 p.m. that day. The victim in that case said two video-game consoles, worth $300 each, were stolen.
* Copper tubing valued at $6,000 was reported stolen from the 4900 block of North High Street at 11:03 a.m. Jan. 18. Someone cut a hole in a chain-link fence and broke a lock to access the tubing, reports said.
* A business in the 3300 block of Indianola Avenue is out two cases of beer valued at $18.49 each after a suspect allegedly fled without paying for them at 12:15 a.m. Jan. 25.
* A suspect who allegedly attempted to shoplift a $30 pair of running shoes from a store in the first block of Graceland Boulevard was released into his father's custody after officers responded to the scene at 3:35 p.m. Jan. 25. A loss-prevention official had detained the suspect after he allegedly was observed taking the shoes on surveillance footage.
* Two boxes of diapers, together valued at $60, reportedly were stolen from a store in the 4800 block of North High Street at 11:52 a.m. Jan. 25.
* Assorted coins worth $5 were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 5400 block of Sharon Park Avenue between 10 p.m. Jan. 24 and 7 a.m. Jan. 25.
* Someone smashed the right rear window of a vehicle parked in the 3100 block of North High Street at 4:30 p.m. Jan. 23 and made off with a $1,600 laptop computer.
* A woman said she was threatened by a suspect at 10:30 p.m. Jan. 22 while in the 4900 block of North High Street.
* A woman who lives in the first block of West Schreyer Place told officers Jan. 20 that she gave access to her computer and checking account to someone she called that morning after receiving a notice on her computer that it was infected with a virus. The person who answered the phone, the victim said, claimed to be from a legitimate computer-support operation and said she needed $500 in virus protection.
* A resident of the 200 block of Olentangy Street contacted police Jan. 19 after receiving a call from someone who stated there was a warrant for her arrest.
The victim said the message urged her to call back; instead, she called the county clerk of courts and municipal court and found no record of any warrants, reports said.
* A man said $10 in loose change was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked in the 500 block of Tibet Road between 8:20 p.m. Jan. 18 and 8:47 a.m. Jan. 19.
* A representative of a business in the 3000 block of North High Street told police at 3:50 p.m. Jan. 19 someone had stolen $573 the previous day.
* A man said he was assaulted in the 4300 block of North High Street at 5:49 a.m. Jan. 19.