More than $700 reportedly was stolen from a business in the 9600 block of Johnstown Road during an aggravated robbery, according to the New Albany Police Department.
At 4:06 p.m. Jan. 16 two people fled the business after using a handgun to steal $753, said Sgt. Kris Daniels.
The case is under investigation, he said.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 48-year-old New Albany man was cited for open container after a traffic stop at 7:17 p.m. Jan. 19 at Beech Road and Innovation Campus Way.
* A 54-year-old Reynoldsburg man was cited for drug paraphernalia, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 3:24 p.m. Jan. 19 at Kitzmiller and East Dublin-Granville roads.
* A 25-year-old Etna woman was cited for OVI after a traffic stop at 1:58 p.m. Jan. 19 at state Route 161 and New Albany Road.
* Officers responded at 1:37 p.m. Jan. 17 to a report of a stolen and damaged cellphone at New Albany Middle School, 6600 E. Dublin-Granville Road.
* A 24-year-old Glenford man and a 58-year-old Westerville man were cited for drug paraphernalia, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use when an officer at 4 p.m. Jan. 15 found marijuana and drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop at Johnstown and Smith's Mill roads.
* Charges are pending against a 28-year-old Columbus man arrested by the Franklin County Sheriff's Office for vehicle theft, Daniels said. New Albany officers aided deputies in the pursuit of the man, he said.
Prior to the theft, police believe the man attempted to steal a school bus at 1:57 p.m. Jan. 15 at the New Albany-Plain Local School District bus garage at 10160 Johnstown Road, Daniels said.