A series of reports about a half-dressed man wandering around Delaware in January led to a police officer's injury and a felony charge.
Officers responded about 10:30 a.m. Jan. 17 after Ohio Wesleyan University's Department of Public Safety received a report of suspicious activity at a building in the 200 block of West William Street.
Delaware police Capt. Adam Moore said a man walked in and out of the building repeatedly before he "took off running" wearing only shorts and sandals, despite the low temperatures.
Moore said the department received multiple reports from concerned residents and employees of businesses who saw the man in the hours after the initial report.
He said officers made contact with the man about 3 p.m. at the building on OWU's campus. He said officers determined the man, who was the guest of a student, was in need of a mental-health evaluation and attempted to take him into custody.
A police officer suffered a leg injury in the struggle that ensued between officers and the man, Moore said.
Officers eventually subdued the 20-year-old Ashley man, who was transported to a mental-health facility, according to police reports.
He faces a charge of obstructing official business, a fifth-degree felony, according to Delaware Municipal Court records.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* Officers received a report that a burglary occurred shortly before 8:15 a.m. Jan. 19 in the 200 block of East Winter Street. Someone entered an unoccupied residence without permission, according to police reports.
Police arrested a 17-year-old Delaware resident on a charge of burglary, a fourth-degree felony, in the incident, reports said.
* An employee of a business in the 100 block of Johnson Drive reported breaking and entering occurred between 6:45 and 7:15 p.m. Jan. 21. Investigators determined someone used force to enter the building, according to police reports.
* Officers responded to a report of an overdose about 6:15 a.m. Jan. 20 in the first block of Ohio Street. Officers arrived and found a man and a woman had overdosed at the residence, reports said.
The Delaware Fire Department transported the man and woman to Grady Memorial Hospital, according to police reports. The 25-year-old Delaware woman faces charges of possession of drug-abuse instruments, a first-degree misdemeanor, and possession of drug paraphernalia, a fourth-degree misdemeanor, according to Delaware Municipal Court records.
* A man reported a theft of drugs occurred between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. Jan. 19 in a parking lot in the 500 block of Sunbury Road. Someone stole an undisclosed number of prescription pills from a vehicle, according to police reports.
* Officers received a report that gross sexual imposition involving a juvenile victim occurred between 10 and 11 p.m. Jan. 22 at a city apartment. Officers later arrested Kyle B. Sparks, 25, who is homeless, on a charge of gross sexual imposition, a third-degree felony, according to police reports.