Someone shot a bullet through a wall of a residence Jan. 27, according to the New Albany Police Department.
An officer was dispatched at 10:36 a.m. Jan. 27 to the 7300 block of Upper Clarenton Drive South.
Police don't know the type of firearm that was used, and the case is under investigation, said Sgt. Kris Daniels.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 32-year-old man was cited for open container and physical control of a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs after an officer at 2:23 a.m. Jan. 28 saw a vehicle parked on the side of state Route 161 westbound at U.S. Route 62.
* An 18-year-old woman was cited for drug paraphernalia, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after police stopped her vehicle for a stop-sign violation at 9:21 p.m. Jan. 27 at Kitzmiller and Smith's Mill roads. Marijuana and drug paraphernalia were found in the vehicle.
* Identity theft was reported at 3:57 p.m. Jan. 27 in the first block of Village Hall Road.
* A 33-year-old man was cited for OVI after officers at 3:42 a.m. Jan. 27 responded to a reckless-driver complaint at Johnstown Road and Forest Drive.
* A 37-year-old man was cited for possession of controlled substances after he was stopped at 6:22 p.m. Jan. 26 at Reynoldsburg-New Albany and Brandon roads for a muffler violation and was found to have marijuana.
* Officers responded at 11:27 a.m. Jan. 26 to a report of a fight between students at New Albany High School, 7600 Fodor Road. The investigation is pending, Daniels said.
* A 31-year-old Columbus man was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 4:23 p.m. Jan. 25 at Beech and Worthington roads.
* Officers at 9:59 a.m. Jan. 24 responded to New Albany High School on a report of a juvenile in possession of an alternative nicotine product. The student was charged in juvenile court in Franklin County, Daniels said. Officers also responded to the same type of report at noon Jan. 25, and three students were recommended for diversion, he said.
* A 22-year-old Reynoldsburg man was cited for OVI after a traffic stop at 12:24 a.m. Jan. 23 in the 200 block of East Main Street.