Police responded at 12:56 a.m. Feb. 3 to a 911 call transferred from the Columbus Division of Police indicating that a man shot himself in the foot.
Officers went to a residence on Chalfield Court and found the man, who said he accidentally shot himself with his own gun. The officers called paramedics, who stood by until officers could secure the gun.
The man told police he was attempting to open the slide on the loaded gun to unload it when it discharged. Police determined the gun was not stolen and legally belonged to the man, who was transported to the hospital.
In other Reynoldsburg police reports:
* Officers were able to find and help an elderly man who had fallen at his residence on Kingsley Drive Feb. 7.
According to the report, employees at a life-alert company called police at 11:30 a.m. to say the man who had pushed the button to reach them was not responding to his cell-phone.
Officers were able to locate a neighbor who knew the garage code for the man's residence and officers found him in his kitchen, where he had fallen on the floor. He was treated at the scene byTruro Township Fire Department medics.
* A caller told police he heard shots fired at 9:45 p.m. Feb. 3 at an area near Bartlett and Rosehill roads. The man said he heard at least four shots fired from a handgun. Detectives were unable to find a suspect or the gun.
* A resident on Polk Drive reported at 9:45 p.m. Feb. 4 that he heard two gunshots, then four more, "sounding very close to the back door." Officers checked the area, but there were no footprints in the snow near the back door and no evidence in the immediate area, according to the police report.
* A woman reported at 10:07 a.m. Feb. 7 that the two rear tires were stolen off her car while it was parked at her residence on Tributary Lane.
* A manager at a business in the 1300 block of Brice Road reported at 3:49 p.m. Feb. 8 that a bank deposit for an undisclosed amount never made it to the bank from the business. The manager said she suspected an employee who quit the day before may have taken the money. Police are still investigating the incident.
* A woman reported at 3:57 p.m. Feb. 8 that someone broke in through her back door and took a television set and other electronics from her apartment in the 2100 block of Commons Road South. Police found tracks leading from the back door to another residence in the same block; the investigation is continuing.