Officials with the Westerville City School District were scheduled to begin interviewing treasurer candidates this week.
Among the 12 candidates, those who hold positions with local districts include J. Scott Gooding II, who previously held the Westerville schools treasurer position; Thomas Cusick, assistant treasurer with the Worthington City School District; and Nick Roberts, treasurer of Canal Winchester Local Schools.
Greg Viebranz, Westerville's executive director of communication and technology, said the first interviews were scheduled Feb. 26 and 28, with March 15 being a target date for the interview of finalists.
Westerville is using the services of the Ohio School Boards Association at an estimated cost of $7,000 to search for its next treasurer.
The candidates who have applied for the position of the Westerville treasurer include:
* Darren Meredith, CPA, sole proprietor, from 1994 to present, where he completes monthly, quarterly and yearly payroll tax returns for small businesses.
The Grove City resident worked as assistant treasurer for the Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools from Sept. 1, 2015, to July 1, 2017, when he left to pursue a full-time treasurer position, according to his application.
In addition, Meredith worked as CFO/treasurer of the Paint Valley Local School District from 2011-14.
* Roberts, treasurer of the Canal Winchester Local School District since 2016.
Roberts, a Granville resident, served as CFO/treasurer of the Licking Heights Local School District from 2014-16 and CFO/treasurer of the Logan Elm Local School District from 2012-14.
* Westerville resident Melissa Severance is program chairwoman at Harrison College in Grove City.
In that position, she hires, trains, manages and negotiates contracts for more than 15 faculty members employed in the business, accounting, IT and college credit academic departments. She has served in that role since 2017.
Severance is also a business and finance instructor at Harrison.
* Anne Spano, treasurer of Chagrin Falls Exempted Village Schools since 2007.
The Magadore resident previously worked as treasurer of Groveport Madison Local Schools from 2005-07.
* Cusick, assistant treasurer of the Worthington City Schools since Aug. 1, 2011.
The Lewis Center resident also is owner/president of Cusick Accounting Services, providing accounting and financial reporting services for local governments and charter schools since 2011.
* Bradd Scott Stevens, treasurer of the Clear Fork Valley Local School District in Bellville since 2015.
A Bellville resident, he previously served as treasurer of the Crestline Exempted Village School District from 2013-15.
* Felicia Drummey, treasurer of the Coshocton City School District since 2014.
A Galena resident, she also served as treasurer of the Big Walnut Local Schools from 2010-14 and treasurer of the Northridge Local Schools from 2007-10.
* Randy Drewyor, treasurer of the Bright Local School District since 2016.
The Pickerington resident said he has 10 years of involvement in K-12 public education as a citizen volunteer, coach, and board member, which lead him into the career path of a treasurer.
* Robert Kuehnle, treasurer of the Mansfield City Schools since 2016.
A Mansfield resident, he previously served as treasurer/CFO of Benjamin Logan Local Schools from 2003-16.
* Tonya Boyd, treasurer of the Mount Gilead Exempted Village Schools since October of 2017.
Boyd, a Marion resident, previously worked as treasurer of the Crestline Exempted Village Schools from 2015-17 and assistant treasurer of Cardington-Lincoln Schools from 2014-15.
* Gooding II, executive director of budget and financial management for the Columbus City School District since 2014.
He previously worked as financial services director for the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio from 2011-14.
Prior to that, Gooding, a Westerville resident, was treasurer of the Westerville City School District from 2004-11.
* Ira Hamman, a financial adviser for Variable Annuity Life Insurance Co. since 2013.
Hamman, a Wadsworth resident, previously worked as a financial advisor for Merrill Lynch from 2010-12.
The hiring of the new treasurer is estimated to take place in early April.
Former Westerville treasurer Bart Griffith retired from the district on Jan. 1.
Assistant treasurer Laura Hendricks is serving as interim treasurer.