Delaware police arrested a Columbus man on a felony assault charge after he reportedly used a box cutter during an early morning fight late last month in downtown Delaware.
Officers responded to a report of an assault shortly before 1:45 a.m. Feb. 25 outside a business in the first block of South Sandusky Street.
Delaware police Capt. Adam Moore said two men had some kind of interaction inside the business and then left the building to fight.
Moore said a man told officers he was struck multiple times in the face with a box cutter during the altercation.
He said the man was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital, then transferred to OhioHealth Grant Medical Center in Columbus with injuries described as serious but not life-threatening.
Moore said officers arrested Faris T. Aljaber, 31, of Silver Springs Lane in Columbus on a charge of felonious assault, a second-degree felony.
Investigators are attempting to determine what led to the altercation by interviewing people who were with the suspect and the victim at the business, reports said.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* A man reported his vehicle was stolen between 3 and 4 p.m. Feb. 19 from Mingo Park, 500 E. Lincoln Ave. Officers recovered the vehicle and identified three juvenile suspects in the theft, according to police reports.
* Two women reported a burglary occurred between 1:30 and 6:30 a.m. Feb. 17 at an apartment in the 700 block of Liberty Road.
Someone entered the residence through a rear door and stole 60 prescription pills, together valued at $20; two packs of cigarettes, together worth $12; and a wallet valued at $10, reports said.
* A man reported a burglary occurred between 6 a.m. Jan. 15 and 10:15 p.m. Feb. 23 in the first block of Noble Street. Someone entered the residence through a side window and stole jewelry worth $6,000, a television valued at $150 and a gun valued at $100, according to police reports.
* A man reported a theft of drugs took place between 8:30 and 9 a.m. Feb. 22 at a residence in the 200 block of South Washington Street. Someone stole a handbag valued at $10 containing prescription medication worth $255, reports said.
* A man reported a theft from a vehicle occurred between 10:30 and 10:45 p.m. Feb. 19 in the 200 block of East Winter Street. He reportedly told officers he saw a neighbor remove plastic sheeting valued at $100 from his truck.
Investigators have identified a suspect in the case, reports said.
* A woman reported she was raped between midnight and 6 a.m. Feb. 19 at a city apartment building. An investigation into the report is pending, police reports said.
* A woman reported she was raped between 3:30 and 8 a.m. Feb. 11 at a city apartment building. The case is open and under investigation, according to police reports.
* A woman reported she was raped about 11 p.m. Feb. 24 on Ohio Wesleyan University's campus. A suspect has been identified in the case, reports said.