Several car break-ins were reported in the German Village area.
* An $800 laptop and $1 bag were stolen between 6:30 and 8 p.m. Feb. 28 from a vehicle parked in the 400 block of East Kossuth Street.
* Between 5 and 5:15 a.m. Feb. 28, thieves broke into a garage in the 300 block of East Beck Street and ransacked two cars, which were believed to have been locked.
The victim told police that the only thing that appeared to be missing was a $500 deactivated cellphone and its case.
* Change valued at $1 was stolen midnight and 6 a.m. March 6 from a car parked in the 600 block of Mohawk Street.
* Thieves removed a center console box and all its contents between 11:30 p.m. March 4 and 8:50 a.m. March 5 from a vehicle in the 700 block of South Fifth Street. CDs valued at $1 also were stolen.
* At 8:50 a.m. Feb. 25, $1 worth of change and Valentine's Day candy valued at $1 were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 300 block of Reinhard Avenue.
In other police reports from the area:
* A $399 gaming system, $120 worth of games, $100 purse, $30 wallet, $100 cash, credit cards and ID were stolen at 6:13 a.m. March 2 from a house in the 400 block of East Gates Street.
Some of the items were recovered in a back alley of the residence and returned to one of the owners.