In May 1962, as part of Columbus' sesquicentennial celebration, Old Franklinton Cemetery was the scene of the unveiling of a historical marker.

Established in 1799, the cemetery, on River Street east of Souder Avenue, was used for the burial of about 100 pioneers. With Hilltonia Junior High School pupils watching in the background, the unveiling was done by Livingston Taylor, left, chairman of the sesquicentennial committee; Columbus Mayor Ralston Westlake, center; and Charles Acker, trustee of the Franklin County Historical Society.