A 28-year-old Columbus woman is facing charges related to stealing more than $9,000 from vending machines she was assigned to service in New Albany.
A Warren business at 10:23 a.m. March 23 told police a woman stole $9,436 from machines she was assigned to service in the 8800 block of Smith's Mill Road, according to a report from the New Albany Police Department.
The company performed an audit and realized the money was missing, said Sgt. Garrett Fernander.
The woman admitted to the theft, he said.
The case was sent to the Licking County Court of Common Pleas, Fernander said. The woman most likely would be indicted for theft from a coin-operated machine, he said.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 31-year-old Alexandria man was arrested for OVI after he was stopped for a muffler violation at 9:38 p.m. March 25 at Johnstown and Miller roads.
* A 48-year-old New Albany man was arrested for physical control after officers responded at 9:34 p.m. March 24 in the 5000 block of Blackstone Edge Drive to a report of a person passed out behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Officers found the man passed out behind the wheel with the vehicle running. They determined he was under the influence of alcoholic beverages, Fernander said.
* A 35-year-old Columbus man was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 2:25 a.m. March 24 at Morse Road and Albany Chase.
* A 25-year-old Columbus man was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after police stopped his vehicle for a muffler violation at 2:18 p.m. March 23 at Smith's Mill and Beech roads and found marijuana.
* Officers were dispatched at 2:29 p.m. March 22 to New Albany and Dean Farm roads on a report of a box containing marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia found by a property-management company.
* Officers at 1:18 p.m. March 22 responded to the 6600 block of East Dublin-Granville Road on the report of criminal damaging to a vehicle.
* A business in the 7700 block of Smith's Mill Road told police at 10 a.m. March 22 that an employee claimed and was paid for hours not actually worked.
* A 43-year-old Etna woman was arrested for OVI after police responded to a single-vehicle accident at 2:11 a.m. March 21 at Morse and Beech roads.
* A 23-year-old Heath man was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop for a marked-lane violation at 7:27 p.m. March 19 at state Route 161 and Johnstown Road. An officer smelled marijuana in the vehicle and the man admitted he had marijuana in the trunk. A small plastic bag of marijuana was found there.