Gahanna police recently responded to a Beaverbrook Drive resident's report of finding a suspicious package at 4:46 p.m. March 23.
The resident told police she returned home from work to find two packages on the front porch; one package was expected and the other wasn't, according to reports. When opening the unexpected package, she found it was oddly wrapped with duct tape. The resident decided she wanted to speak to an officer.
It was discovered the package was from the Man Crates company. According to the company's website, one of the options is to wrap items in duct tape in the interior box, reports said. When opened, it contained a wooden crate and the company logo, reports said.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* Change was stolen from an unlocked car on Rocky Fork Drive North, according to a report received at 9:53 a.m. March 28. The car was rummaged through between 11:30 p.m. March 27 and 9:20 a.m., reports said.
* A Wilke Place resident reported someone entered the unlocked front door of his residence March 23, and took six pairs of new shoes in boxes, a tablet computer, a television, two purses and $3,200 in cash, according to a report received at 3:44 p.m. March 27.
* A Venetian Way resident reported the garage door of her residence was vandalized, according to a report received at 9:14 a.m. March 27. The door was up until midnight, and she didn't hear anything. She thinks the vandalism happened sometime after midnight, reports said.
* A suspicious person was reported on Meadow Cove Place, according to a report received at 10:56 p.m. March 26. Bright lights were shining toward a resident's house and multiple people were walking in the street, reports said. It was a mother and father shooting video of dance music with their children, according to reports.
* A man paid for his groceries but stole a shopping cart from a business on Stoneridge Drive, according to a report received at 10:53 a.m. March 25.
* A fight was broken up at a business in the first block of North Stygler Road, according to a report received at 12:56 a.m. March 24. A man grabbed a female by the hair, and others jumped in to assist, reports said. No one wanted to speak to police or explain what happened, reports said.
* A musical instrument was reported stolen from Gahanna Lincoln High School, 140 S. Hamilton Road, according to a report received at 3:09 p.m. March 23.
* An Arbors Circle resident said a man started staring at her and continued to stare at her as she walked on, according to a report received at 12:57 p.m. March 23. His vehicle was parked outside of her apartment. He came up the stairs to her apartment, took a picture of her building and then drove away, reports said.
* A student from Royal Manor Elementary School, 299 Empire Drive, told a teacher someone in a house pointed something at him, according to a report received at 12:04 p.m. March 23. Police learned from neighbors that a loud sound was heard prior to the report of the incident. A transformer blew, and it might have sound like gunshots, reports said.
* A vehicle was rummaged through on Forestwood Drive between 1:45 and 8 a.m. March 22, according to a report received at 8:32 a.m.
* A man wearing a jacket and ski cap was observed going through vehicles on Irvington Place, according to report received at 3:35 a.m. March 22.