Several Pickerington businesses reported incidents of shoplifting and theft according to Pickerington Division of Police incident reports.
Recent incidents included:
• Employees of a business on Hill Road North reported at 9:58 a.m. March 10 a customer stole more than $100 of merchandise from the retail section. The incident report was forwarded to the Fairfield County Prosecutor’s Office for review of possible charges.
• A 33-year-old Columbus woman was issued a citation for petty theft after she was caught shoplifting from a retail store on Postage Drive at 10:15 p.m. March 10.
Reports said the woman was given a date for a mandatory court appearance and then taken to the Fairfield County jail to await extradition to Muskingum County where she is wanted on a warrant.
• A 19-year-old Canal Winchester woman and an 18-year-old Groveport woman were each charged with theft after they were caught shoplifting from a store on Postage Drive at 5:25 p.m. March 11.
Reports said each woman was given a date for a mandatory appearance in court and released from custody.
• Police were called at 3:20 p.m. March 12 to a business on Postage Drive on a report that a 28-year-old Galloway man was seen grabbing multiple items and leaving the store without paying for them.
The incident report was sent to Fairfield County Prosecutor’s Office for review of charges.
• A 54-year-old Obetz man was charged with theft at 4:30 p.m. March 12 after he was caught shoplifting from a business on Postage Drive. Reports said the man was given a date for a mandatory court appearance released from custody.
• A 38 year-old woman was taken to an area hospital by Violet Township Fire Department paramedics at 5:51 a.m. March 11 after she was found disoriented in the parking lot of a closed retail store on Postage Drive.
• A resident of Langtree Drive went to the police station on Refugee Road at 8 a.m. March 11 to report a license plate had been stolen from a vehicle. The report did not indicate when the plate was believed to have been stolen.
• A person who reportedly found a credit card and library card on Drexel Place turned the items over to officers at the police station at 9:23 p.m. March 13. Reports said the items were placed in the property room for safe keeping.
• Employees of a store on Hill Road North reported at 6:29 p.m. March 13 a 34-year-old woman was caught shoplifting, but fled before officers arrived.
• Representatives of a financial institution on Hill Road North reported at 3:48 p.m. March 14 a known suspect had forged a check. The incident is being investigated.
• A 23-year-old Buckeye Lake man was issued a citation for possession of drug- abuse instruments after he was apprehended for shoplifting at 6:19 p.m. March 14 at a store on Postage Drive. Reports said the man was given a mandatory court date and released from custody.
• A 39-year-old Pickerington man was arrested for disorderly conduct by intoxication at 1:13 a.m. March 16 in the 100 block of West Borland Street after repeatedly knocking on the back door of a business. Reports said the man was taken to the Fairfield County jail.
• A 50-year-old Canal Winchester woman was issued a “no-trespass” order for a rehabilitation center on Hill Road North after it was reported she made menacing threats via telephone.
The incident report was forwarded to the Fairfield County Prosecutor’s Office for review.
• Officers who were sent to Avalon Drive at 9:27a.m. March 16 learned a 21-year-old man at the address was wanted on a warrant for failure to appear in court in Medina County. Reports said the man was taken to the Fairfield County jail to await possible extradition.
• A 21-year-old Pickerington man was issued a “no-trespass” order for a residence on Glengary Court at 10:58 a.m. March 16 after officers investigated a report of a verbal disturbance at the address.
• Charges are pending against a 16-year-old Pickerington boy after he posted photos on social media involving drugs and a firearm.
The incident report was sent to the Fairfield County Prosecutor’s Office for review.