A burglary was reported to Whitehall police at 7:05 a.m. March 29 in the 4900 block of East Main Street.
Officers were dispatched to the business, where an employee told police he arrived to find the front glass door of the business broken.
An employee who left at 6 p.m. the previous evening set an alarm, police said. However, the alarm company reported no trespassing and neither police nor the business owner were contacted about a breaking and entering, according to reports.
The business reported $344 was taken from a cash register.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police arrested a 51-year-old Columbus man for OVI, possession of drugs, possession of an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle and driving without headlights at 1:05 a.m. April 1 at South Hamilton Road and East Mound Street.
Officers observed an SUV leave a fast-food restaurant, cutting in front of a cruiser, reports said.
The vehicle had only one headlight due to damage, police reports said.
The driver passed the wrong way through another parking lot before police stopped the vehicle, reports said.
The driver submitted to and allegedly failed a battery of sobriety tests, and after he was arrested, police found he had in his possession a plastic bag with 0.45 grams of marijuana.
Police also found an open 25-ounce can of beer in the vehicle, reports said.
* A 36-year-old woman Columbus resident was arrested on a warrant for littering after police responded to a report of shots fired at 11:25 p.m. April 2 in the 900 block of Bernhard Road.
The woman called police to report her vehicle had been struck by a paintball, but police discovered she was wanted on a warrant from Whitehall Mayor's Court for littering, reports said.
* Thefts were reported at 8:15 p.m. March 29 in the first block of South Hamilton Road; at 12:10 p.m. March 31 in the 4400 block of Wright Avenue; at 12:45 p.m. March 31 in the 900 block of South Hamilton Road; at 1 p.m. March 31 in the 3900 block of Andrus Court East; at 2 p.m. April 2 in the 1000 block of South Hamilton Road; at 5:15 p.m. April 2 in the 5100 block of Longbranch Lane; and at 1:10 p.m. April 3 in the 3800 block of Elbern Avenue.
* Assaults were reported at 2 p.m. March 28 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; at 7:20 p.m. March 29 in the 4200 block of East Broad Street; and at 4:05 p.m. March 30 in the 500 block of Pierce Avenue.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 11 p.m. March 29 in the 4000 block of East Mound Street; at 12:15 p.m. March 30 in the 100 block of Woodcliff Drive; and at 12:25 p.m. March 30 in the 4200 block of Rickenbacker Avenue.
* Property destruction was reported at 9:35 p.m. March 29 in the 200 block of Saint Christopher Lane; at 10:15 a.m. March 30 in the 3900 block of East Broad Street; at 2:45 p.m. March 30 in the 4400 block of East Main Street; at 5:30 p.m. March 30 in the 200 block of Maplewood Avenue; at 4:30 p.m. April 2 in the 4100 block of Virginia Circle East; and at 6:55 p.m. April 3 in the 5300 block of Gatehouse Drive.
* Police responded to reports of shots fired at 11:45 p.m. March 31 in the 300 block of Collingwood Avenue; at 8:45 p.m. April 1 at South Yearling Road and Rickenbacker Avenue; and at 11:25 p.m. April 2 at East Main Street and South Hamilton Road.