A Columbus man told Whitehall police he was robbed at 12:30 a.m. April 6 at East Broad Street and Maplewood Avenue.
The victim reported he was walking to his Doney Street residence from his job at a business on East Broad Street when two males approached him.
One of the males reportedly used a slang phrase demanding money and added, "Or I shoot you," showing a gun in his jacket pocket.
The victim gave the suspects a cellphone, headphones and a wallet containing a Social Security card and credit card, reports said.
The suspects also took a backpack from the victim that contained two jackets but left it on the ground, according to reports.
Moments later, an SUV with three males inside approached, and the two suspects entered, reports said.
The driver reportedly picked up the backpack but threw out the jackets.
All five males fled in the vehicle, police said.
A tracking device indicated a possible location for the cellphone, but police could not locate any suspects in the area, according to reports.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police arrested a 70-year-old Whitehall man for OVI, carrying a concealed weapon, using weapons while intoxicated, improper handling of firearms in a motor vehicle and multiple traffic violations at 12:10 a.m. April 4 in the 4600 block of East Main Street.
Police stopped the driver after he reportedly failed to stop for a red light at East Main Street and South Hamilton Road; he told officers he left a location on South Hamilton Road and was en route to his Fairway Boulevard residence.
The driver showed signs of intoxication, according to police, and after questioning, he reportedly told police he had an unloaded shotgun in the back seat of the vehicle.
During a search of the vehicle, police found a loaded revolver in a console within reach of the driver's seat, reports said.
The man told police did not know why he had to tell police about this gun, which he called a "varmint gun," according to reports.
He refused field-sobriety tests and was transported to the Franklin County jail without incident, police said.
* Burglaries were reported at 1:15 a.m. April 5 in the 400 block of South Hamilton Road; at 11:50 p.m. April 7 in the 400 block of Beechtree Road; and at 7:05 a.m. April 9 in the 4100 block of East Broad Street.
* Thefts were reported at 12:05 p.m. April 7 in the 4500 block of East Broad Street; at 1:15 p.m. April 8 in the 3700 block of East Broad Street; at 1:45 p.m. April 8 in the 4400 block of Saint Margaret Lane; at 4:35 p.m. April 9 in the 4600 block of East Main Street; and at 12:15 p.m. April 10 in the 4500 block of Saint Ann Lane.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 11 a.m. April 4 in the 1000 block of Irongate Lane; at 3:15 p.m. April 4 in the 5100 block of East Main Street; at 1 p.m. April 5 in the 500 block of Westphal Avenue; at 7 a.m. April 6 in the 700 block of South Hamilton Road; and at 3:30 a.m. April 10 in the 100 block of Parklawn Boulevard.
* Property destruction was reported at 4:35 p.m. April 4 in the 800 block of South Hamilton Road; at 1:05 p.m. April 6 in the 3600 block of East Main Street; and at 10:45 p.m. April 8 in the 5300 block of Great Oak Way.