A home-health aide reported being assaulted between 9:40 and 9:50 a.m. May 3 by a resident of a group home in the 200 block of Girard Road.
The victim and another resident told the responding officer that the suspect struck the woman on the left side of her face. The offender reportedly was angry over the rules about using the group home's telephone.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* In a report filed at 1:30 p.m. May 2, a man told police someone had stolen his utility trailer, valued at $2,408, from behind a residence in the first block of West Pacemont Avenue. The victim said the theft took place after 10 a.m. April 28.
* A resident of the 200 block of East Lincoln Avenue filed an identity-theft complaint at 8:30 p.m. May 1. He said his credit card was used to make a purchase he hadn't authorized at 3 p.m. April 25.
* A woman contacted police at 12:09 p.m. May 1 after receiving numerous calls to her place of work on Indianola Avenue and to her personal cellphone the day before from someone with whom she had a previous relationship. The victim said these calls, which started at 8 a.m. April 30 and continued through 3:30 p.m., were placed even though she has a "stay-away order" on the suspect, according to the responding officer.
* A man said he was punched in the face with a closed fist three or four times by a suspect at 12:13 p.m. May 1 in the 3000 block of Dorris Avenue.
* A home in the 400 block of East Arcadia Avenue was burglarized at 5:20 a.m. May 1, reports said. The victim said someone broke in through a side window and made off with $60 in cash and satellite television equipment, then left with her vehicle.
* An officer served as a witness when a maintenance employee of an apartment complex in the 400 block of Broad Meadows Boulevard advised a suspect that he was no longer permitted on the property as of at 10:18 a.m. April 30. In a separate report, the maintenance worker said the suspect had broken a second-floor window by throwing rocks.
* A juvenile reported at 3:11 p.m. April 30 that he was punched by someone he identified while attending a school in the 100 block of East Arcadia Avenue. The incident, the youth said, took place at 11 a.m. April 25.
* A $500 cellphone and garage-door opener valued at $20 were reported stolen at 7:02 a.m. April 30 from a vehicle parked in the 100 block of East Stanton Avenue. The victim said someone removed the items by opening the unlocked door of his car after 10 p.m. April 29.
* A man said $50 in cash, his checkbook and a credit card were stolen from his vehicle while it was parked in the 100 block of East Tulane Road between midnight and 6 a.m. April 29.
* A resident of the 200 block of East Kelso Road said when he came home at 6:15 a.m. April 29, he observed that his front door was open and a vehicle was fleeing the scene. Inside, the victim said he discovered an $800 television, a $200 piece of stereo equipment, a $100 dog crate and his wallet were missing.
* When the check he received for a $50 item of clothing advertised on Craigslist arrived made out for $950, a resident of the 100 block of East Kelso Road said he "thought that he was being scammed," according to a report filed at 9:45 a.m. April 29. The man said he tore up the check and sent a picture of it to the suspect, saying the transaction was canceled.
* A woman said she left her car parked in the 4900 block of North High Street, but it apparently was stolen between 2:30 and 11 a.m. April 28.
* A Hilliard woman said a suspect "grabbed her sleeve and pushed her" at noon April 28 in the 5000 block of Arbor Village Drive. The suspect denied the woman's claim, according to the report.
* Electric guitars valued at $800 were among items stolen during a burglary in the 5100 block of North High Street that was reported at 6:10 a.m. April 28. A window was smashed to gain entry after 6 p.m. April 27, the report stated. Televisions worth a combined $350 and amplifiers worth $250 also were stolen.
* A 2007 Ford Fusion valued at $6,000 was reported stolen April 27 from the 100 block of East Dunedin Road. The victim, who said it was a company car, told the reporting officer it was taken between 11:30 p.m. April 26 and 6:30 a.m. April 27.
* A woman filed a report at 7:44 p.m. April 27 regarding the theft of a $250 tabletop grill from her unlocked storage container in the 5000 block of North High Street. The victim said the grill was taken after noon April 18.