Expired tags led to the arrest for a 52-year-old Grandview Heights man.
The man was arrested for OVI after a New Albany Police Department officer at 10:13 a.m. May 4 saw him driving on Southfield Road at U.S. Route 62 with an expired license plate. He also was cited for having an open container of beer in his vehicle.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 28-year-old Grandview man was cited for drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 11:44 p.m. April 5 in the 9800 block of Johnstown Road.
* A 38-year-old Sunbury man was arrested for OVI after police responded at 1:19 a.m. May 4 to a single-car crash report at Johnstown and Forest roads.
* A 27-year-old Columbus man was cited for open container at 10:47 p.m. April 30 in the 9500 block of Johnstown Road after police stopped to offer assistance with his disabled vehicle and found an open container of alcohol inside.
* A Gahanna woman at 9:04 p.m. May 2 told police someone repeatedly called her earlier that day in the 8800 block of Smith's Mill Road and threatened to kill her. The case was referred to the Licking County Prosecutor's Office for review and charges are pending, said New Albany police Sgt. Kris Daniels.
* Identity fraud was reported at 5:27 p.m. April 30 by a Cunningham Drive resident.