Officers responding to reports of two shots having been fired at 10:48 p.m. May 9 found a 41-year-old man on the ground with gunshot wounds at the York Terrace North apartments off Maple Canyon Drive, south of East Dublin-Granville Road.
The victim was transported to OhioHealth Grant Medical Center. "The victim did not survive his injuries and was pronounced deceased at 11:31 p.m.," the police report stated.
He was the city's 39th homicide of 2018.
In other Northland-area police reports:
* A 69-year-old woman said she was doing laundry on the second floor of her apartment building in the 5800 block of Roche Drive when someone entered her apartment between 4 and 9 p.m. May 10 and stole her purse. The $20 purse contained her checkbook, credit cards, driver's license and health-insurance card, the victim told the responding officer.
* A 38-year-old man suffered a cut from an unknown instrument while trying to break up a fight at 1:15 a.m. May 10 in the 5600 block of Forest Elm Lane.
Family and friends transported him to Mount Carmel St. Ann's Hospital. "Several listed witnesses made statements to responding officers," the report stated.
* A woman told police she had video proof that she was assaulted at 1 p.m. May 9 in the 5200 block of Karl Road. The victim, 33, said she got into an argument with the suspect, who struck her on the left side of the face and neck with an open hand. The responding officer reported that he did not see any visible signs of injury.
* A woman said a man exposed himself to her at 12:23 a.m. May 8 as she was entering her condo in the 5600 block of Yorkhull Court.
* A 28-year-old woman said a person she named stole a $500 handgun from her purse at 3:40 p.m. May 3 while helping her move in the 4700 block of Dechant Road.