A 2018 Hyundai sedan worth $23,000 was reported stolen to the Hilliard Division of Police at 7:05 a.m. May 8 in the 6200 block of Ridgefield Drive.
The vehicle was recovered May 11 in Toledo.
The alleged thief is acquainted with the owner of the car, Sgt. Suzanne Muraco said, and the keys had been left in the vehicle.
The men were involved in a physical altercation shortly before the reported theft, Muraco said, but investigators found no evidence to support a claim of assault and filed no charges in connection with that complaint.
The man returned later and allegedly took the vehicle without the owner's permission, she said.
An arrest warrant was issued last week for the man, Muraco said.
In other recent Hilliard police incident reports:
* A 14-karat gold diamond-and-sapphire bracelet and a gold diamond-and-sapphire necklace were reported stolen between 9 and 10 a.m. May 4 from a building in the 3800 block of Park Mill Run Drive. Property loss was reported at $9,000.
* A 60-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor disorderly conduct at 1:20 p.m. May 4 in the 3300 block of Park Mill Run Drive.
* A 54-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor disorderly conduct at 1:30 p.m. May 5 in the 3600 block of Main Street.
* A 22-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 8:55 p.m. May 6 in the 3600 block of Leap Road.
* A woman told police $153 was stolen between midnight and 56 p.m. May 6 from a business in the 5400 block of Ten Pin Alley.
* Headphones worth $200 were reported stolen at 6:15 a.m. May 7 from a vehicle in the 4900 block of Pine Avenue.
* A business in the 4600 block of Cemetery Road reported $600 was stolen between 1:30 and 6:30 p.m. May 7.
* A man told police $1,000 was stolen between 12:15 and 12:30 p.m. May 8 from a residence in the 5500 block of Jennybrook Lane.