An Upper Arlington man reported more than $40,000 worth of items were stolen when someone broke into his house in the 2300 block of Arlington Avenue while he was at work.
He told Upper Arlington police someone forced entry into his house through a rear window and stole a cache of photography equipment and other property.
The incident occurred between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. May 2. Police reports stated the thief went through every room in the house.
The missing items include a camera valued at $20,000 and nine other pieces of camera equipment together valued at $18,900; a man's wedding ring valued at $1,000; a woman's jewelry box and necklace valued together at $1,000; medication valued at $50; and cellphone charging cords valued together at $50.
All told, the man's reported loss was $42,700.
The victim told police he has an alarm system for his house, but it was not activated.
Police reported they processed and took photos of the crime scene. Officers also canvassed the neighborhood but were unable to locate any suspects.
In other recent Upper Arlington police reports:
* A woman in the 2200 block of Dorset Road reported someone opened multiple credit cards in her name between April 17 and 29.
* A 21-year-old Columbus woman was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia after allegedly being found with a "small pipe" and grinder with residue in it following a traffic stop in the 1300 block of West Lane Avenue at 8:13 p.m. May 5.
* A juvenile girl, no age provided, was released to her parents at 6 p.m. May 5 after she allegedly provided a place in the 2300 block of Andover Road for underage consumption of alcohol. A police report stated the girl would be referred to a diversion program.
* A dashboard cover valued at $200 was stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 1800 block of Zollinger Road between 10 a.m. and noon May 2.
* A "young person" and his mother turned in a white fitness tracker to police after they found it at 8:50 a.m. May 4 in the area of Mackenzie and Coach roads.
* A turquoise 2001 Ford Focus was stolen from a residence in the 3100 block of Northwest Boulevard between 11:30 p.m. May 2 and 7 p.m. May 3.
* A woman in the 4200 block of Gavin Lane reported someone opened a telephone account using her personal information between April 26 and May 3.
* Copper lines to air-conditioning units valued at $3,000 were stolen from the exterior of a business in the 1600 block of Old Henderson Road between 7 a.m. April 29 and 8 p.m. April 30.
* A washing machine valued at $300, a computer modem valued at $200 and a humidifier valued at $80 were stolen from a residence in the 2000 block of Harwitch Road between Feb. 2 and March 31.