Gahanna police recently responded to residents' complaints about a woman feeding stray cats.
A resident reported a female neighbor on Quitman Drive East was feeding stray cats in the area, according to a complaint received at 10:32 a.m. May 13. Other neighbors earlier contacted police regarding this issue and the resident had been warned, reports stated.
The resident said she was feeding cats last fall but stopped after receiving a letter from the health department. Some cats still come around, but she isn't feeding them, the woman told police. She gave permission for police to look around. The yard showed no evidence of cats being fed, reports said.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* The glovebox and center console of a vehicle on Jonsol Court was rummaged through by an unidentified person, according to a report received at 5:34 p.m. May 14.
* Vandalism was reported overnight to the garage of an Ashford Glen Drive residence, according to a report received at 4:13 p.m. May 14.
* Keys were reported stolen from a vehicle in the first block of Savern Place, according to a report received at 9:50 a.m. May 14.
* A vehicle was rummaged through at a residence on Lytton Way, according to a report received at 8:41 a.m. May 14. It happened between 9 p.m. May 13 and 8 a.m. May 14, according to reports. The owner was unsure if anything was taken, but said a black bag was found in the yard beside her house. There also were some items in the driver's seat, reports said.
* Three vehicles were entered by an unidentified person on Tabon Court, according to a report received at 7:45 a.m. May 14. Another vehicle on Tabon Court was entered as well, reports said.
* A purse was reported stolen from a vehicle on Humboldt Court, according to a report received at 7:07 a.m. May 14. The car keys were in the purse, reports said.
* Three vehicles were broken into while parked in the driveway of a Dellfield Way residence, according to a report received at 6:55 a.m. May 14. The vehicles were unlocked. The incident occurred sometime between midnight May 13 and 3 a.m. May 14, reports said.
* A wallet was stolen from a vehicle in the garage of a Southwind Court residence, according to a report received at 6:30 a.m. May 14.
* Unlocked vehicles were rummaged through overnight on Jonsol Court, according to a report received at 5:05 a.m. May 14. Middle consoles and gloveboxes were tampered with, but nothing was missing except a pack of cigarettes, reports said.
Residents called back to report they found items that weren't theirs inside the vehicles, according to reports.
* Items were reported stolen from a Forestwood Drive residence overnight, according to a report received at 6:24 p.m. May 13.
* A Penny Lane resident reported a tire was slashed on a vehicle at 2:30 a.m. May 11. The report was filed at 2:52 p.m. May 12.
* A Town Street residence was egged, according to a vandalism report received at 8:39 a.m. May 12. The incident occurred at 11:30 p.m., reports said.
* A customer was being belligerent and allegedly making threats in the drive-thru at a business on Stoneridge Drive, according to a report received at 11:35 p.m. May 11. There was an argument about the order process. The customer was told not to return, according to reports.
* A Knights Avenue resident reported a solicitor stole a decorative rock, according to a theft report received at 6:01 p.m. May 11.