A girl who lives in south Clintonville reported telecommunication harassment involving Instagram to Columbus police at 3:01 p.m. May 22.
The juvenile victim told police she began receiving messages at 8 a.m. the previous day, demanding she send nude photos of herself, or else the suspect would "hack" her social-media accounts and those of her friends.
She also said the suspect had taken control of a friend's Instagram account and used it to send further messages asking for nude photos.
The victim was unable to provide any information about the suspect, reports said.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* Officers responded at 3:36 p.m. May 23 to reports of someone attempting to break a window in the rear of a residence in the 500 block of Chatham Road.
Police arrived and discovered a window pane of the rear door had been broken and the window blinds had been ripped out, according to reports.
The resident arrived on the scene and provided officers with the name of someone he suspects caused the damage, reports said.
* Damage was estimated at $400 after a representative of a business in the 500 block of Oakland Park Avenue reported vandalism at 11:50 a.m. May 22. Someone broke a window between 11 p.m. May 21 and 5:30 a.m. May 22, reports said.
* A juvenile said he was "jumped" by two individuals at 2:41 p.m. May 21 in the 400 block of Glenmont Avenue. He told police he'd gotten into a verbal altercation with one of the suspects earlier in the day.
* A representative of a business in the 5300 block of North High Street contacted police at 3:32 p.m. May 21 to report having received a counterfeit $10 bill between 2 and 4 p.m. the previous day.
* A resident of the 500 block of East North Broadway filed a report at 4:19 p.m. May 21 saying someone had used his debit card to make fraudulent charges for Uber services earlier that day.
* An employee of a business in the 2900 block of North High Street told police a customer threatened her at 11:55 a.m. May 21.
The victim said the threat was issued during a dispute over fees charged for repair services. The suspect reportedly said she knows where the victim lives.
* A man was charged with disorderly conduct at 5:56 p.m. May 20 after being found intoxicated and unable to take care of himself inside the restroom of a business in the 2800 block of North High Street, reports said.