Between 2 p.m. May 25 and 9 a.m. May 27, someone stole more than $1,800 worth of merchandise from a garage in the 100 block of East Moler Street.
Items listed as stolen on a Columbus Division of Police incident report were bicycles valued at $500, $900 worth of tools, a $260 air compressor, a $50 lawnmower and a $100 weed trimmer.
In other police reports from the area:
* A box containing $100 worth of merchandise was stolen between noon May 29 and 6:50 a.m. May 30 from a residence in the 300 block of East Whittier Street.
Police responded to a call that an empty box was in an alley near the residence. The victim confirmed the box's contents had been stolen
* A $5,000 Jeep Cherokee, manufacturing date unknown, was stolen between 6 p.m. May 30 and 6:50 a.m. May 31 from the 300 block of East Mithoff Street.
The victim told police that the vehicle was locked.
* A 32-year-old man was arrested at 5:15 p.m. May 25 for assaulting his boss in the 300 block of Hanford Street.
* A $500 cellphone was stolen at 1 a.m. May 28 in the 700 block of East Mithoff Street.
* Thieves targeted three vehicles between 11 p.m. May 25 and 6:30 a.m. May 26 in the 600 block of South High Street.
The cars' windows were broken, causing $500 damage to each. The only item reported stolen was a $150 tablet computer.
* There was an unsuccessful attempt to break into a house May 26 in the 300 block of Hanford Street.
The victim said thieves entered the back yard from an unlocked gate, unscrewed the flood light to avoid detection and pushed open a first-story window, which sounded an alarm.
The suspects fled and nothing was taken.